Chapter 56

I'm sitting in the living room with Momma and papa. We are busy packing the invitation cards and writing names on them. Zain had an emergency call from the hospital so after attending the surgery he is now resting in our room.

The weather is chilly. I can see Momma and papa were also feeling cold.

"Momma, papa, do you want to drink hot chocolate?" I asked.

"Oh that will be nice, the weather is so cold," dad said.

"You both wait here, I will prepare hot chocolate for us," Momma said.

"Momma you wait here I'm going to prepare hot chocolate" I said.

"But-" she said.

"Help papa with these cards and I will be back in a moment" I said and got up from the couch and went to the kitchen.

While I was preparing hot chocolate Zain entered the kitchen and asked "what are you making?" 

"Hot chocolate" I said "do you need anything?" I asked.

He came near me and stood behind me wrapping his arms around my waist from the back and said "warmth".

"Yeah, that's why I'm preparing hot chocolate," I said, enjoying his warmth.

"I'm talking about your warmth" he said "the weather is so nice to cuddle" he added lazily making me blush.

"Zain stop being romantic all the time" I said "we have a lot of preparations to do instead of cuddling all the time" I added.

"It smells so nice," he said, putting his chin on my neck and snuggling his nose into my hair.

"Yeah, I love the smell of hot chocolate," I said.

"I'm talking about your hair," he said, making my blood rush to my cheeks.

"Why did you come into the kitchen?" I asked.

"To drink water," he said.

"Then go and drink," I said.

"Now I don't want to drink water," he said.

I moved towards the purifier and he was trailing behind me like a Koala attached to a tree. I filled a glass with water.

"Drink it," I said, gesturing to the glass.

"Feed me," he said.

"You're behaving like a child," I said.

"But I'm tired after attending six hours of surgery" he whined.

"Fine" I said and brought the glass near his mouth which was placed on my shoulder.

After pouring the hot chocolate into four glasses I went out of the kitchen followed by Zain. I placed the tray on the table and we sat on the couch beside each other. We took our glasses from the tray and started drinking the hot chocolate.

"It's delicious," Papa said.

"Yes, it's delicious," Momma said.

"I love it" Zain said "I love the maker more" he whispered in my ear making my cheeks burn.

After a while when we were done with writing and packing the invitation cards we had dinner. Then we went to our room to pray and sleep.

After praying to Isha we got on the bed and went inside the blanket. Zain slid his arm around my waist and one arm below my head. He scooped me closer and buried his face in my hair.

"It's so cold," he said.

"The heater is on," I said.

"I'm still cold," he replied.

"Do you have a fever?" I asked, pressing the back of my palm on his forehead.

"No," he said.

"Okay" I said.

He started nuzzling his nose in my hair.

I put my arms around his waist to take some warmth as the weather is seriously chilling.

"Zain, I've never seen this side of you," I said, putting my head on his hard chest.

"Which side?" he asked.

"The romantic side" I said "I mean before marriage you were not a type of person who can express his feelings openly and express what you want so openly" I added.

"Wasn't this side of me supposed to be only for my wifey?" He said.

"But you're a totally different person after marriage," I said.

"When I was about to lose you because of my preserved nature I realised I have to open up in front of you to have you in my life," he said, kissing my forehead and I smiled.

"Stay like this always because you know how bad I am when it comes to reading someone's emotions," I said.

"Yes wifey don't worry I will always be like this only for you" he said.

"Zain, are we improving in our relationship?" I asked.

"Of course baby first we were just buddies and now we are cuddle buddies" he exclaimed pressing his hard chest onto my body more and I hid my blushing face in his chest.

"You don't have to be embarrassed because of your red cheeks and hide it from me" he said "you have no idea how much I love your blushing cheeks" he added.

In the warmth of each other's embrace in the chilling weather we drifted off to sleep while cuddling. Because we are now cuddle buddies.

---------------------

A/N: ASSALAMUALAIKUM EVERYONE!

Alhamdulillah they're progressing in their relationship.

Comment your thoughts.

Don't forget to vote.

Thank you.

👇Vote👇