chapter 53

We reached home and saw that my parents were already there. After greeting them with Salam we went to our room to freshen up. After freshening up we came back to the living room where our parents were seated.

"Where is Munif?" I asked.

"He will be a little late, he has some pending work," mom said.

"So how was your date?" Momma said.

"It was good," I said, smiling widely.

"Did Zain prepare something special for you?" Momma asked.

"He made a really beautiful album for me which has all the photos from our childhood days till now" I said.

"Wow, is that why you were collecting those photos?" Mom asked.

"Yeah" he said with a smile.

"Wait let me bring the album from upstairs" I said excitedly and went upstairs to bring the album.

After taking the album from the room I came back to the living room. They started going through the album while I sat beside Zain. Then they started reminiscing about the story behind the pictures.

"Isn't this picture from Haider's wedding?" Dad asked, looking at the same picture in which I told Zain to marry me.

"Yes it's from Haider's wedding" mom said.

"Do you remember Tahera what Maryam said that day?" Asked Momma.

"Oh my Allah I remember everything from that day" mom said smiling. I very well know what they were talking about and it's making me embarrassed. I shouldn't have given this album to them.

"It was fated Tahera, they were fated" Momma said, making my cheeks burn.

"Well Alhamdulillah that Mary is with the right guy who is fated for her" Mom said.

"Alhamulillah" dad and papa said.

"Alhamdulillah" Zain whispered looking at me, which only I could hear because I was seated right beside him.

"After all they are soulmates" Munif said as he entered the room. "Assalamualaikum" he greeted.

"Walaekum assalam" we said in unison.

"Come have a seat Munif" Momma said.

"I'm gonna sit beside my sister" he said and sat on the small space beside me on the couch where I was seated beside Zain. Making me cling onto Zain.

It was uncomfortable.

"What are you all looking at?" Munif asked.

"Their childhood pictures, Zain gifted this album to Maryam," mom said.

"Wow my creative brother-in-law, it's so thoughtful of you," Munif said. "Wait, what about the necklace that you bought earlier?" He added.

"You weren't supposed to see when I was buying that," Zain answered.

"But I did see you buying that," Munif replied, smiling sheepishly.

"He gave me a necklace too," I said and showed it to them.

"It's beautiful," Mom said, admiring the necklace.

"It's a Turquoise stone" dad said "it symbolises higher guidance and direction, bring more joy and happiness in life and bring peace and energy to any relationship" he added. He is a fan of collecting stone and knows the symbolism of most of it. It's my dad's hobby.

It's not like we believe that a stone will bring happiness and joy in someone's life it all happens because of our duas and Allah's will.

"That's why I chose this stone," Zain said.