Chapter 44

After being alone and restless for an hour I heard Bella's voice from outside the door. She was talking with someone. Suddenly she barged into my room and started screaming.

"What the hell am I hearing? Is it true?" She said, screaming loudly.

"What did you hear?" I asked. I knew what she was talking about but I wanted to confirm how much she knew.

"Everyone is talking outside that your Zaid ran away" she said angrily.

"Uh yeah" I said looking into my lap.

"I already had a bad feeling about that guy," she said.

"I was stupid that even chose him" I replied guiltily.

"Thank god that he did it before the wedding what if he had done this after the marriage" she said "oh my god I'm already planning his murder" she added.

"Hey, don't say these kinds of things, plus it was not his fault he was forced to this" I said.

"But wait, what I don't understand is why you guys are so calm and why there's still arrangements going on for your wedding?" She asked.

"Because the wedding is going to happen as it was fixed" I replied.

"What? You guys are going to track Zaid and force him to marry?" She said,

"No stupid" I replied.

"Then who is getting married?" she screamed in frustration. "Wait, why are you still wearing your henna? You should wash it off," she added and grabbed my right hand to see my palm and when she saw the name on my hand her eyes widened.

"What the-" she started.

"Yes Bella it's Zain, I'm getting married to Zain" I said looking into her wide eyes.

"Wait oh my god, oh my god all my wishes are finally coming true" she said.

"What wish?" I asked.

"That you and Zain will get together as a couple," she replied.

"Why did you wish for this?" I asked in confusion.

"Because I know how much Zain loves you," she said calmly.

"What the-... You knew it all along?" I said.

"Yes," she said with a smile.

"Why did you never tell me?" I asked.

"Because Zain never let us," she replied.

"Does that mean Peter also knew?" I asked.

"Of course he knows," she replied.

"I was the only one who didn't know?" I said.

"Yes" she nodded.

"Why did he never tell me this? I mean he should've told me earlier before this mess," I said.

"What if he told you earlier? Have you accepted his love? Haven't doubted his friendship after knowing this? He was afraid, Maryam! He was afraid of telling you!" She said,

"Why was he afraid?" I asked.

"He was thinking that if he tells you everything you will not accept him," she said.

"Why does he always assume things?" I said.

"That's how he is, and you know this very well, how he always stays quiet and does not express his feelings," she said.

"Yeah I know," I said.

"Look Maryam I know you're bad at reading people emotions and Zain is bad at expressing his emotions and feelings" she said "it's going to be very difficult for you both to spend your life but I want you to work hard for it and it will worth it because Zain loves you so much" she added.