Chapter 17

The next day I woke up with puffy eyes and after doing my morning routine I perform Fazr Salah and went downstairs to have breakfast with my family and of course Zain's family in dining room where I saw Aunt Nafisa placing food on table I ran towards her and hugged her tight.

"Aunt I missed you so much," I said with teary eyes.

"I missed you too Mary" she said with tears in her eyes as well. "You have no idea how happy I am right now after seeing you," she added.

"Why were you not here yesterday?" I asked, breaking the hug.

"It was getting late and I had to go home to check on my sister. She is sick,'' she said. Her sister Aunt Faiza has a severe chronic renal disease and she is having dialysis every week she is bed bound. In short she is in the worst condition.

"Yeah I know" I replied "I want to meet her" I added.

"I will bring you to her tomorrow," she answered.

"Let's eat now," she said and we all had our breakfast together.

After breakfast I took a visit to my garden and watered all the plants. All the plants are still healthy Thanks to Aunt Nafisa. I miss my grandma so much when she was with me and she was healthy. We used to take care of these little babies together. After watering and nourishing all the plants which took two hours I went back inside the house where I saw dad and Uncle Adnan were discussing something about business in front of TV in which the news announcer was saying something but no one was listening to her. I was about to go upstairs to my room and my mom stopped me.

"Mary" mom said loudly coming out of the kitchen.

"Yes mom" I replied.

"I have made an appointment with your therapist so Today you are going to go and get ready" mom said "you still have one hour" she added.

"Okay mom" I said lazily.

"And I'm coming with you" she exclaimed. 'why she wants to go to my therapist now' I thought.

"No mom I can go alone I've been going to my therapist alone so I can manage" I said.

"But I don't want you to go there alone when we are here with you now" she said.

"But mom I-" I was cut off by Zain.

"Aunt I can go with her if you don't want her to be alone" Zain said.

"That will be great Zain since I have to go grocery shopping with your mom" mom said.

"No, Zain , it's not okay. I can manage. I've been going there alone for years," I said.

"Take Zain with you and Munif too if he wants to tag along" mom said.

"But mom," I said, whining.

"No buts just go with Zain" mom ordered and went to her room which is downstairs.

"It's okay if you're not comfortable. I can drop you there and walk outside and when you're done you can call me and I will pick you up" Zain said.

"It's not like I'm not comfortable. If I was not comfortable then I wouldn't have talked with you about my depression in the first place" I said.

"That's good go and get ready I'm going to ask Munif if he wants to tag along" he said.

"Okay" I said and we went to our respective room.

I picked black jeans and an oversized white t-shirt. After Changing my clothes and getting ready by putting a little amount of moisturizer, BB cream and lip balm I covered my head by black hijab. I went out and saw Zain coming out of his and Munif's room which is my grandma's room beside my room.

"Let's go," Zain said.

"Munif's not coming" I asked.

"No he is having a fever" he answered.

"Why didn't he say anything about it?" I said with concern."let me check him first," I added and was about to go inside the room when Zain grabbed my wrist to stop me.

"Aunt already gave him medicine and he is sleeping right now it was just a small fever he is going to be alright let him rest" he said.

"Uh okay" I said and he let go of my hand and we went downstairs.

"Mom, Aunt we are going" I said when I saw them in the living room chatting with each other "Assalamualaikum" I added.

"Walaikum assalam" they added.

"Make sure to bring her home safe and sound Zain" Aunt Fatima said.

"Okay mom" Zain replied and we both went out of the house.

"Mary give Zain a tour of the town!" mom ordered.

"Okay mom" I said and we went outside.

__________

A/N: what's going to happen at therapist's clinic!?

Take a deep breath and click the star below👇