Chapter 61

It's been three days since Zain has gone. I'm missing him like crazy. Momma and Papa told me to stay at my parents home some days. Even after staying there I was unable to get a good amount of sleep at night.

I'm not in a good condition. I always seem lost, lost is Zain's thoughts. It's like he has become my habit. His presence, his touch, his embrace and his sight it's all become my habits. His absence is making me crazy.

I'm not getting enough sleep and I don't have an appetite. I'm eating less.

Zain called me everyday two to three times to check on me and because he was missing me. We didn't get to talk much because he was busy there and I am busy here plus the difference in time zone is also not doing any justice.

Right now I'm getting ready for a surgery that I'm going to perform as a first with our chief.

I entered the operation room. Nurse helped me by wearing a surgical gown. I stood in front of my chief and patients.

The chief started the surgery. The surgery was going smoothly. I was being scolded by the chief because of my zoning off.

"Dr. Maryam hold the homestat properly," the chief said.

"Yes sir" I said and held the homestats properly.

"Dr. Maryam you're not looking fine," chief said as I made another mistake.

"No chief, I'm fine," I said.

"Nurse call Dr. Paul and ask him to join us" the chief exclaimed.

"But chief," I said.

"No buts, you're looking tired you may leave and go home and take some rest we can manage the surgery" chief ordered.

"Okay" I said.

After Dr. Paul joined the surgery I left the room. I went to my cabin after changing into my usual dress. I sat on my chair and looked at Zain's chair.

What is happening to me?

It's my first time zoning out in an operation room.

Why is it happening?

It's all happening since Zain left.

Why does he have such an effect on me?

His presence has effects on me.

His closeness has had effects on me.

His distance has effects on me.
Did I fall in love with him?

Is it love?

I have to make sure about my feelings.

I have to understand what love is.
Only one person will answer me correctly, that is Bella.

I have to talk to Bella about it.

I got out of my trance when I heard the knock on the door.

"Assalamualaikum" Asher said coming inside the cabin.

"Walaikum assalam" I replied.

"This is for you, your usual iced americano" he said, handing me a cup of iced americano.

"Thanks" I said with a smile "have a seat" I added.

"What's going on?" He asked "what happened in the operation room?" He added.

"Nothing happened, I just zoned out during surgery" I said.

"Is everything okay? I mean you're looking pale" he said.