Chapter 20

The next morning I woke up and performed Fajr Salah then again went to bed to rest a bit more because I'm on vacation right now and I don't have to go to school. A while later I woke up again and after having a warm shower and wearing a red coloured sweat shirt and pants and folding a white coloured hijab over my head I went downstairs to have breakfast with my family and of course with Zain's family because we are on vacation together in my hometown.

When I went downstairs I saw breakfast was already set on the table and my dad and Uncle Adnan were also sitting on the table talking to each other. Mom and Aunt Fatima were bringing more stuff from the kitchen.

"Assalamualaikum" I said heading towards the table.

"Walaikum assalam" they all said in unison and I sat on a chair.

"Assalamualaikum" Zain and Munif said together coming towards the table.

"Walaekum assalam" we all said in unison then we all started eating.

"Aunt why Maryam don't remember anything about our childhood days specifically about me" Zain said out of nowhere while eating.

"What? She doesn't remember about you?" My mom said.

"Yes She don't remember anything about me," Zain said.

"Does it have anything related to that accident?" My dad said with worry.

"Accident?" Zain asked in confusion.

"When she was eight years old and we shifted to another city she went through an accident," my mom said sadness filled her voice.

"How?" Zain said.

"One day when she was coming home from school with her grandma she told her to buy ice cream and when she was purchasing it she let go of her hand and went to the road to take a stopped bus from opposite side without even realising that another bus was coming from another side and the bus hit her" my mom said.

"What did the doctors say?"Zain said.

"She woke up after two days with injured head and fractured hand and leg but the doctor said that her head was injured badly so maybe she is going to lose some fragments of her memory" mom answered.

"So Zain was the fragments of my memory that I had lost," I said.

"I think so," mom said.

"How come I don't know about the accident?" Zain said.

"Because Maryam went to the road to take the bus only to meet her best friend and her family whom she was missing and we knew that you were also missing her so we have to keep it a secret so that you also don't do these things... we have to do it to keep you safe" Aunt Fatima answered.

"After waking up she never tried to run away and maybe never missed Zain because she didn't remember anything about him" my mom said.

"What did the doctors say? How is she going to regain her memories?" Zain asked.

"They said maybe it will take one week, one month, one year or maybe ten years or more. No one knows when and how she can regain her memories," my mom answered.

"Aunt, have you never tried to help her regain her memories?" Zain said.

"We thought she already remembered everything because she remembered everything and everyone that was around her that time and we never thought that she cannot remember about you" mom answered.

"I don't want to regain old memories, I want to make new one" I exclaimed.

'Making new memories is better than crying on older ones'

_______________

A/N: Ahan sorry for short Chapter. I'm gonna publish longer chapters soon. For now enjoy. Don't forget to hit the vote button.
👇Here👇