Chapter 47

We've been sitting on the couch for three hours and my cheeks are hurting because of all the smiling and I'm dying of hunger.

Why they're not asking about lunch?

Did my family forget that I'm also a human and I also feel hunger?

Why is no one asking us about lunch?

"Are you hungry?" Zain asked.

"How do you know?" I asked immediately.

"I just know," he winked at me. Whow that was new.

"Okay" I said, avoiding his gaze.

"Let's go" he got up and extended his hand towards me.

"Where?" I asked.

"To have lunch" he said and I hesitantly took his hand and got up from the couch.

Then we went to the food corner and filled our plates with different food items. We took a table and sat in front of each other. While we were devouring our food all the guests were looking at us like we're some aliens.

"Hey, I forgot to take this pastry," Zain said.

We had already finished mains and now we're enjoying the desserts.

"Go and get it" I said while munching my favourite sweetmeats.

"But I'm tired," he said, almost like whining.

"Then what should I do?" I asked, raising an eyebrow.

He attacked my plate with his spoon and ate my pastry and I retreated from him.

"Hey that's not fair, it's my pastry and my plate" I whined.

"But it's Sunnah for couples to eat from the same plate" he exclaimed.

"But I'm not sharing my pastry with anyone," I said.

"Not even your best friend?" He asked with puppy eyes.

What is up with him and these cute acts.

"Fine but I'm also eating from your dessert" I said, setting my plate back on the table.

Then we started eating from each other's plate.

"Ma Sha Allah you guys are already following Sunnah" Aunt Fatima said and we just smiled.

"Did you have your lunch Aunt?" I asked.

"No not yet" she said "and you can call me Momma from now on because now you're my daughter" she added.

"Okay Mo-Momma" I said awkwardly and she smiled.

"Momma you guys should also eat," Zain said.

"I'm not hungry, I will have lunch later" she said, then someone called her and she went to them leaving us.

We went back to the stage when we were full.

After some time all the guests were already gone. Only close relatives and friends were there. Includes us and our families.

Now it was time for farewell. Zain took my hand and got down the stage. We went outside and everyone was trailing behind us. As we reached the car, everyone gathered there. My tears started flowing non-stop.

Mom came forward and hugged me so tight and she was crying so hard which is not helping me.

"Take care of my daughter Zain. I know you will never disappoint us," she said When she pulled out from the hug.

I was immediately engulfed in a hug by Munif. He was also crying but was stifling his cries to stand strong.

"Don't worry you're not going very far away from us and if Zain ever tried to hurt you just tell me right away I can teach him a lesson" he said a little possessively.

Then dad hugged me and at that point I was crying devastatingly.

"Don't worry Mary we're always here for you, just stay strong" he said and he also cried but stayed strong for me.

Everyone met me and it was time for me to leave. Mom gave me the Qur'an. I took it and they helped me inside the car. Zain came inside after me and the driver drove the car off.

The venue was away from our home. The whole ride I was sobbing that Zain noticed. He put his hand over my palm to comfort me.

Then the car came to a halt and we were in front of Zain's house. Aunt Fatima no Momma and Bella came and opened the door. Then she helped me out of the car. She took me inside the house. Then they sat me on the couch of the living room.
The house was decorated beautifully and it was so good for last minute arrangements. Whole house was decorated with flower strands and lights.

There were no guests and Zain's relatives there because they didn't get to invite anyone in a short time.

"Welcome to the family dear and this house is yours now" Momma said and I just smiled.

"Welcome Mary," Uncle Adnaan said, putting his hand on my head.

"Thanks Uncle," I said.

"Call me Papa," he said.

"Okay Papa" I said with a smile.

It was almost eight in the evening. Aunt Fatima told Bella to take me to Zain's room and that's when the nervousness came back into me.

------------------

A/N: Assalamualaikum everyone!
Maryam is crying! :(

Maryam is nervous. ;p

What is going to happen now?;)

Stay tuned to witness their married life.

Comment your thoughts.

Don't forget to vote.

Thank you.

👇⭐Vote⭐👇