Chapter 41

It's my henna night. A night used to prepare all the necessary wedding decorations and last minute arrangements. It was also a chance for the families to celebrate together before the wedding. All my relatives are present in my house. Some are inside the house and some are in the garden helping in the arrangements. All my relatives including the ones that lived outside the city and abroad are here. They're staying at a guest house near my house. Some of my paternal relatives are in Zaid's house to celebrate the wedding preparations there.

Zaid's family except him came to my house this morning to mix henna together which is a ritual. After mixing the henna they went to their house.

There is a small stage prepared in the garden for me to sit. All my cousins are in the garden enjoying the music which is playing outside.

It's been a week since I've started praying Istikhara and I haven't noticed a sign or dream that means what is going on is what Allah wants me to do. I think I've already made the rights decision.

After performing Zuhr Salah and having my lunch I'm getting ready for my henna night. I wore a dark green coloured kaftan gown. The gown is simple yet elegant with embroidery. The gown was plain with a kaftan jacket over it which was embroidered with full length angel sleeves. I tied a dark green georgette hijab over my hijab cap after applying makeup. I was wearing a full coverage foundation, my face was perfectly concealed and contoured, I've set my unthreaded eyebrows with eyebrow powder and mascara, my eyes was made up with gold coloured eyeshadows, I'm looking like I'm blushing because of the blush that I had applied and lastly my relentlessly red coloured lipstick is completing my look which I've applied making it light shade.

After getting ready I called Bella to ask when she was coming. She said that she would be there in the evening because she was not feeling well. At first I was upset but then I understood that she was sick. That's why she will be late. She assured me that she will be there and told me to not worry.

Zain is already here after completing his night shift he came early and helped Munif with the wedding preparations. Although he is not ignoring me now, I can still feel a distance in our friendship which I've never felt in all these years of friendship.

After a while Samara my maternal cousin came to call me because it's time for the bride to go downstairs and the henna artists are already here to apply henna on my palm.
I went downstairs and all of my relatives stared at me in awe. I was escorted on the stage with my cousins, all of my relatives came to me and gave me their blessings. Then the two henna artists that are booked for my henna came on stage and sat on it. The stage was decorated like a bed with round pillows which is comfortable for me and the henna artists to apply henna on my palms.

After getting comfortable they started applying henna on my both palms.

While the girls started applying henna on both of my hands my phone rang a message tone. Munif was right in front of me. I called him and he came.

"Munif there's some notification in my phone just check it and turn off my wifi and data and put it in my room" I said.

"Okay" he said and started checking my phone suddenly I saw his expression changed.

"What happened? Munif," I asked.

"Nothing, I'll be back" he said with a smile and went inside the house.

After a while I saw my parents along with Aunt Fatima, Uncle Adnan and Zain went inside the house together.

Almost an hour later when the girls were almost done applying henna on both sides of both of my hands, in the corner of my eye I saw Munif coming out of the house towards me and he sat down where I was sitting.

"Maryam, what is the groom's name? I have to write it on your palm." The girl holding my right hand and applying henna on it asked.

"Zai-" I was about to say.

"Zain" Munif said suddenly and my eyes went wide.

"What-" I looked at Munif with wide eyes.

"Done," the girls said, smiling. And I saw my palm with 'ZAIN' written on it.

"No no it's not Zain it's Zaid" I said to her and she looked and Munif a little confused.

"No it's Zain... And if you guys are done applying henna can you excuse us I have to talk to her... You guys can enjoy the meals" Munif said to the girls.

"Yes we are done" the girls said getting up and heading to the food counter. And I was totally confused about Munif's words.

"What Munif, are you mad? Why did you tell them to write Zain instead of Zaid... It's not a joke Munif the henna is going to stain and I have to write the name of my groom not my best friend" I said a little loud with anger.

"Let's go to your room now I can explain everything" he said and stood.

-------------

A/N: Assalamualaikum everyone!

What is Munif doing?

What do you guys think what had happened inside the house that Munif did this?

Why did he told the henna artists to write Zain's name on Maryam's palm?

What is going on inside Munif's head?

Maryam's hand is going to stain with Zain's name.

Stay tuned to find all the answers to your questions.

Comment your thoughts.

Don't forget to vote.

Thank you.

👇⭐Vote⭐👇