Chapter 42

"How am I going to make this Zain into Zaid?" I said in worry, getting up while Munif helped me with my gown and we went to my room.

"You better explain," I said when I reached my room.

"Look, I don't want you to cry," he said.

"Why would I cry?" I said.

"Because of this," he said, showing my phone screen in front of me.

"What the hell! Call him right now" I said, not believing what I'm seeing

"His phone is out of reachable" he answered.

"Call Aunt Reem" I said in anger.

"Dad talked to her and she was crying so hard and she herself don't know anything about his whereabouts" he answered "she was aplogising and was so devastated" he added.

"Where is mom and dad? I want to talk to them" I said in anger.

"They're coming" he answered and just then my parents entered my room along with Zain and his parents.

"I'm sorry Maryam for not taking the right decision and choosing the wrong person for you," my dad said with an apologetic expression.

"No dad, that's not your fault," I said with a tear in my eyes. Yes I'm crying. I'm not crying because I've started to like him and he left me. I did give him a space in my heart, I did start liking him because he was going to be my husband but that was not love. Right now I'm crying out of anger. How easily he left without even thinking about the situation and how people are going to react about it. he just left.

"Don't be sad... It's a good thing that he left before the marriage. He confessed everything before it if somehow this marriage would've happened and after that he has done this thing that will be a big problem" mom exclaimed sadly.

"Asim, an unmarried daughter is better than an unhappy one and you don't have to worry about Maryam, there will be a lot of guys who would like to marry a girl like Maryam" uncle Adnaan said.

"And we don't want to miss this opportunity again like before, so we have come to a decision that this wedding is going to happen just like it was decided but the marriage is going to be between Maryam and Zain" Aunt Fatima exclaimed with a smile.

"WHAT?" I said.

"Yes Mary, you're getting married to Zain, I know we've made bad decisions before but I'm sure this is best for you," mom said.

"But mom you guys haven't talked to me about it, it's marriage not some game which you will start playing right after losing one" I said.

"I know it's sudden for you it's sudden for us too but I'm sure that it's the best for both of you and trust me you both will make each other happy and we are sure about it" mom said.