Chapter 38

I completed my duty and went to the conference room. In our hospital every department has a conference room where we have meetings before the surgery. our chief wanted to discuss a serious case. Zain was already in the room. I went inside and sat on the chair opposite to Zain after saying Salam and hello to everyone. He did answer my Salam but was totally ignoring me. Today we met after a whole week of him ignoring me and I've made up my mind to talk to him and find out the reason for his behaviour.

As the conference ended I thought that was the right time to talk to him so I told him to wait for me and he did. We went to the cafeteria. After ordering our coffee we went to the table of two and sat on it.

"What do you want to talk?" He asked sternly.

"You know what I want to talk," I replied.

"I don't know" he replied.

"Why are you ignoring me? What are you thinking and why are you making me feel like a villain?" I asked straightforwardly.

"I'm not ignoring you," he answered.

"Then why did you change all your schedules and even remove my name from all the surgeries that we were supposed to perform together" I said.

"That was a coincidence," he answered.

"Alright let's say it's just a coincidence" I replied. "Why are you behaving like this with me and talking to me rudely? You've never done this before, Zain" I added.

"Alright! sorry for behaving rudely that day, I just didn't get to digest that news," he replied.

"Did I do something wrong? Zain" I asked with sadness filled my voice.

"No I told you that I didn't get to digest the sudden news and I thought that we will not be able to stay friends and I'm gonna lose my best friend again" he said looking into his cup of coffee.

"And who told you that?" I asked.

"Nobody, that was just my assumption," he replied.

"You don't have to assume those negative things and I assure you that nothing like this will ever happen" I said "because I also don't want to lose my best friend" I added and he hummed in response.

"Zain you should've told me if that's what you were thinking instead of throwing your tantrums that day" I said.

"I wasn't throwing tantrums," he said.

"Alright now I hope you understood everything?" I asked.

"Uh ye-yeah" he said.

"Do you have any questions?" I said "I mean you asked some questions through Bella instead of asking directly" I added.

"I wasn't in my right mind earlier," he said.

"I understand," I replied.

"Is he a good guy?" He asked.

"As much as I know he is a gentleman" I answered.

"Do you think he will make you happy?" He asked.

"Uhh yeah" I replied.

"Do you love him?" He asked.

"No, not yet but I think nikah will fill our relationship with love In Sha Allah" I answered.

"Are you happy with this?" He asked.

"Alhamdulillah" I replied.

"C-cong-ratulation," he said looking into his now empty cup.

"Thanks" I replied with a smile.

"I-I th-think I should leave now I have to prepare for a surgery" he stuttered.

"See you tomorrow," I replied.

"Uh yeah see you tomorrow" with that he left the cafeteria.

---------------

A/N: Assalamualaikum everyone!
A bonus chapter for you all.

What do you think Zain is thinking?
Why he is congratulating her?
Why is he stuttering?
Does he have feelings for Maryam?
Then why he is suppressing his feelings and not confessing?

What do you think is going to happen, Will Zain attend Maryam's engagement?

You will find the answers to all the questions in future chapters.
Stay tuned.

Comment your thoughts.

Don't forget to vote.

Thank you.

👇Vote⭐