Chapter 30

I woke up for Fajr. I did my morning routine and performed my Salah. I went to bed again to rest a bit more. As I was about to close my eyes my phone rang. I saw that the caller ID was Zain.

"Assalamualaikum" I said as I picked up the phone.

"Walaekum assalam! Maryam, did you perform your Salah?" He asked from the other line.

"Yes," I answered.

"Do you want to go to the beach?" He asked.

"Sounds good," I answered.

"Come out, I'm waiting," Zain said.

"Wait let me do my hijab and I'm coming" I replied and then we hanged up.

After hanging up I shot out of the bed and looked at myself in the mirror. As I had already done my morning routine so I don't have to wash my face again. I applied sunscreen and wrapped my white hijab over my head. I was wearing baby pink coloured monochrome sweatpants and an oversized sweatshirt.

I went out of the room. Knocked on Zain's door. He unlocked the door and came out of the room and after locking it we went out of the resort.
The beach was not too far from the resort so we didn't need any vehicle to get there. The sun had already risen. It looked beautiful in a gold coloured texture. Sun's golden shadow was giving the ocean a beautiful golden touch. The waves looked like it was mixed with gold. The weather was beautiful. Wind was blowing and messing with my hijab. So I tuck it with the extra pin that I had put on my hijab.

We were walking side by side at the seashore. We were listening to the silence. We were listening to the sound of waves. We were observing our surroundings silently. We don't need to talk right now, we just need to add this moment in our memories because who knows if we will be able to come back here again. Who knows if we will be able to live this moment together again.

"Zain your hair is getting messy" I said pointing at his hair which is flowing because of wind and getting messed up.

"Yeah let it be, it doesn't matter what does matter is I'm feeling so good right now" Zain replied loudly with a huge smile on his face.

"True, it feels so good here" I said, smiling as wide as I can "Thanks Zain for inviting me here," I added.

"You're welcome... Let's sit here" he said and sat down on the sand a little far away from where the wave was hitting the sand.

We sat there talking and observing the horizon for a while.

"How beautiful Ocean is but we human beings are messing with it by throwing pollutants like plastics in it" I said sadly.

"Exactly we humans are not only making it dirty but we're taking lives of a lot of endangered species unknowingly" Zain added.

"True that" I replied.

After a while Zain said "let's go to eat something I'm hungry".

"Oh yeah let's go" I said and we got up.

We went to a nearby cafe to have some breakfast. After having a delicious breakfast we went to the resort. All of the guests were already up and they were having their breakfast.

"Maryam, Zain come have some breakfast" Peter said when they saw us entering the pool side. They were having breakfast on the table which was set at the poolside.

"No, we already had breakfast outside," I replied.

"Then at least come and sit with us and have some juice," Bella said.

"Alright, since we have to listen to everything you say because you are the bride to be" I replied and we went to the table joining Bella, Peter and their cousins.