Chapter 2

After getting up I performed Fajr (dawn prayer). I'm in a morning school so I have to get ready early. After getting ready I went downstairs for breakfast.

"Assalamualaikum! sis, are you ready to go to school?" Munif said walking towards the dining table.

"Walaikum assalam Yeah I'm ready" I answered and we went outside after eating our breakfast.

We were heading to our school on our bicycle but Munif stopped at a house which is Zain's house across the street. Zain came out.

"Hi" he said.

"Hi" my brother said. And I didn't utter a single word.

"Let's go" my brother said and we all went to school together.

After reaching the school I went to the office to complete some formalities and to get my routine and class details because it was my first day in this school. After that I found my classroom and went inside. I found an empty seat beside a girl.

My school is huge with different buildings and a big garden. My brother has a class in a different building than me because he is in the commerce department. Meanwhile, I'm a science student.

"Hi" I said to the girl and took a seat beside her.

"Hey" she greeted me back.

"My name is Maryam and I'm new here" I said to her in a friendly manner.

"My name is Isabella, it's nice to meet you" she also sounded friendly.

Isabella seems a sweet girl and I liked her talking manners. The best thing is she doesn't have many friends in this class. She said that she had only one friend and boyfriend who is not here yet. We both became friends.

After some time, I saw Zain coming inside the classroom. That means we have the same classroom to attend. Urh! I Just hate it. He took a seat in front of me.

"Hey Bella" Zain said to Bella and I was taken aback. "So, he is the friend she was talking about" I thought.

"Hi Zain, do you know why Peter isn't here yet?" She asked him.

"He must've woken up late as always" Zain said. He tried to initiate some conversation with me but I just ignored him and he noticed that I'm not interested in talking with him so he turned his face to his desk and Mariya didn't notice it because she was busy calling Peter.

"So, you are an old student here! Why don't you have many friends?" I asked her.

"I had some friends before but they were all fake and they are in another section because I had requested to change my section to be with my boyfriend" she said. "It seems he will be late today" she added.

After that a guy came into the class and the teacher also came just behind the guy and we all greeted our teacher and started our lessons. The guy took a seat beside Zain. It was our English class. And Isabella gestured to me that the guy beside Zain was her boyfriend, Peter.

After classes it's break time and me and Isabella went to the cafeteria to eat something and there, I met her boyfriend.

"Hey love" he said to Isabella and looked at me in confusion.

"Hi" Isabella answered. Then Isabella introduced me to him and we three got along so well.

After getting our food from the counter we took a seat of four people.

I saw Zain coming in our direction. Why is he coming here? Then he paused at our table and greeted Peter and sat next to me. I mean why.

Peter introduced me to him and I pretended like I really didn't know him. It seems that they are a group of best friends.

"So, we are all friends now" Peter said and I just hummed in response

We talked a lot and went to the classroom again after finishing our food. But I never bothered to talk with the one (my so-called enemy).

"So, your brother also studies at this school?" Isabella said.

"Yes," I answered.

"He is in the commerce department one year younger than me" I added to it.

The bell rang and our biology teacher entered the classroom. Biology is my favorite subject. I always get almost 100% marks in every biology test. I'm so excited about the biology class in my last year.

The class went well. The teacher praised me for answering every random question about enzymes.

"So, you're a biology lover" Isabella said.

"It's just my favorite subject and I love learning it ahead just for knowledge" I said giggling.

"Here is our physics lover" Peter said looking back at us pointing towards Zain.

"Oh" I said, sounding uninterested. Why is He smiling, maybe because Peter had praised him?

"You must help us in biology" Isabella said.

"exactly" Peter added to it.

"Yes of course" I answered.

The classes went well and now we are sitting in our class since it's a self-study period. Some students are talking, some are busy playing some random games on their notebook and some are studying seriously and I'm one of them. I'm fully concentrating on my biology book. Isabella and Peter are busy talking with each other.

A girl approached Zain "Hey can you please help me with this question of Chemistry" she said.

"ok" Zain answered and started to explain the question to her. By her behavior she doesn't seem too interested in the question but in Zain. I mean yeah, he is good looking but still.... It seems that he is quite popular.

After the final bell rang, we all started to pack our bags to go home. When I reached the front gate, I met my brother who was waiting for me.

"Let's go," I said.

"No sis we have to wait for Zain" he replied.

"Then you wait for him yourself. I'm heading home first, Bye" after saying that I started my cycle without giving him any chance to reply. I went home.

"Assalamualaikum mom" after coming home I greeted my mom.

"Walaekum assalam" she replied.

"Where is Munif?" she asked.

"He was waiting for someone so I decided to come first" I answered and she hummed in response.

After that I went to my room and took a bath and performed Zuhr (afternoon prayer) and went to the dining room to eat with my mom and brother. My father is in the office so he's not at home for lunch.

"Why did you leave first?" my brother asked.

"I don't want to waste my time waiting for someone," I said rolling my eyes. He also did the same and my mom scolded us for our behavior.

------------------------------------
A/N: More interesting chapters are on the way. Add this book to your reading list to get notified for future updates. I always announce updates on my profile so follow me. I'm sure you guys are going to love it. Don't forget to vote and drop your comments about the chapter.

👇Vote👇