Chapter 51

When we got ready we went downstairs together.

"Assalamualaikum" we said to Momma and Papa as we reached the dining table for breakfast.

"Walaikum assalam" they both replied in unison.

"Are we late?" I asked.

"No, no you guys are on time, have a seat" Momma said.

Then we sat down beside each other. We had our breakfast. It was not awkward because I'm used to having food here.

"Sorry Momma and Papa because of the sudden wedding you didn't get to invite your relatives and friends, and you didn't get to fulfill your wishes for Zain's wedding" I said.

"You don't have to be sorry dear, it all happens because of qadr, that's how Zain's wedding was written in his fate" Momma said.

"And who said that we will not be able to fulfill our wishes, we can do everything that we've ever dreamt of for Zain's wedding in your reception" Papa said.

"When is reception?" Zain asked.

"It's still not decided," Momma said.

"Asim and Tahera are coming today, then we will decide the date," Papa said.

"Mom and dad are coming?" I asked happily. I'm already missing them.

"Yes," Papa said.

"Munif is also coming" Momma said as we started breakfast.

"Zain call Munif and tell him to bring my other suitcase" I said to Zain while munching the delicious pancake made by Aunt Fatema. She makes the best pancakes.

"Okay I will call him after breakfast" he replied.

"And tell him to bring my phone too," I said and he answered with an 'okay'.

When we finished our breakfast I helped Momma to bring all the dishes in the kitchen. She wasn't letting me do that but I insisted and she agreed.

"What do you want to have for lunch?" Momma asked as I brought the last bowl inside the kitchen.

"Aren't you going to the boutique today?" I asked.

"Yes I will go after preparing lunch" she answered "after all I have to design a dress for my daughter's reception" she added.

"Don't worry Momma I can prepare lunch today since I don't have anything to do" I said.

"No Mary you're a newly wed bride" she said "don't worry I will let you do the cooking if you want but after reception" she added.

"But Momma you have to go to the boutique" I said.

"It's okay dear I can manage, now go and spend some time with Zain and don't worry about dinner. We are going to order the food for dinner" she said.

"But Momma-" I said.

"Go and spend time with Zain, you guys are newlyweds and you guys need to spend time together, now go and it's an order" she said.

As I was about to exit the kitchen she said "Mary don't get upset and if you're insisting do me a favour and make coffee for us" Momma said and I smiled at her gesture.

She doesn't want me to do kitchen work and she doesn't want to upset me. She told me to help her because she doesn't want to discourage me.

What good deed I've done to have a sweet mother-in-law like Momma.

I made coffee for us and after giving Momma her coffee. I went to Papa's study room and I gave him his coffee. I went to Zain's room which is my room too with two cups of coffee in the tray.