Chapter 4

The next day I woke up for Fajr prayer. After Salah I went to bed again to sleep since today is Saturday and I don't have school today so why not have a little bit more sleep?

I woke up and went to the bathroom. After taking a shower I went to the dining room for breakfast. Everyone had already eaten because I was late so I made myself toast.

"Sis please bring two glasses of milkshake in my room" Munif said approaching me in the kitchen.

"Why do you have any guests in your room?" I asked.

"Yes, Zain is here to play overwatch" He answered.

"Yah! I'm not making a milkshake for him, go ask mom!" I spoke.

"Mom is not home" he said.

"Where is she!?" I asked him.

"She is at her boutique stupid" he said.

When I'm making a milkshake for him, why not get some revenge?

I made two glasses of milkshake and put a lot of salt in one of them and marked the glass in my mind which is the left one. I went to Munif's room and handed them their respective glasses making sure to give the glass with salt to Zain.

He took the glass and had his first sip and choked on it making a disgusting face. Meanwhile I was standing there watching the drama and laughing internally.

"Zain what happened, are you alright?" Munif asked him.

"I'm alright, I'm allergic to strawberries" He said "just give me some water" he added.

I handed him the glass of water and took the milkshake glass from his hand and went outside and stood right behind the door so that I could hear them clearly.

"Hey! Why did your sister hate me so much?" Zain asked my brother.

"Huh" Munif responded.

"I mean we used to be friends back then, but now she doesn't even talk to me and yesterday she said that she hates me... Do you know the reason behind it?" Zain said.

"I'm sorry brother I can't tell you the reason because I had promised her to not to tell this to anyone, especially you" Munif said sighing.

"Oh okay! But That means there is some reason for her behavior towards me right!?" Zain asked him.

"Yes," he replied.

'Wow! I did have a faithful brother, that's why I love him so much' I thought to myself and went to my room.

Now it's lunch time so we are in the dining room mom, dad and me. My dad usually works only the first half on Saturday and mom came back from the boutique to have lunch with us. Right now, we are waiting for Munif and Zain. Yes, Zain is having lunch with us because my mom asked him to have lunch with us. My mom has a habit of forcing our guests to have food with us. She never lets anyone go without having food.

They came and we all started eating our food. When we finished our lunch and had some fruit my dad asked.

"So, how's your test Maryam?"

"That was good" I said nervously

"How many marks do you get?" he asked.

"Yeah! I-I got forty-nine in chemistry and language groups, forty-eight in Math's and fifty in biology out of fifty" I stuttered.

"What about physics?" My dad said.

"Eh! I-I got th-thirty..." I was cut off by my dad.

"Only THIRTY...THAT IS HOW YOU ARE GOING TO PASS MEDICAL ENTRANCE!?" My dad said loudly. "Having dreams is easy and making that dream come true is difficult. You have to work hard for it but no, you are not working for your dreams. '' My dad scolded me in front of everyone, even in front of Zain, an outsider. A brim of tears started to form in my eyes and I didn't say anything and went to my room while crying.

I cried my eyes out and I don't know when I fell asleep. After sometime I woke up and noticed that it's about time for Maghrib (dusk prayer) and I've been sleeping for 2 hours. After performing Maghrib Salah I was reciting some verses of the Quran. This is the best way to overcome my anxiety that I'm feeling right now. Then my mom entered the room and sat beside me.

"You know what your dad loves you so much," my mom said.

"If he loves me then why did he always scold me" I replied angrily.

"You know what when people scold you for your mistakes that means they care for you" she said in a low tone. "And believe me your dad cares for you so much" she added.

"I don't think so," I said, sighing. They already know what they did to me but still my mom is trying so hard to fill that hole they had created in my life and I'm tired of it.

"He only wants to see you fulfilling your dreams and wants to help you to do so... I know he is harsh sometimes... But that's your dad's nature, he always shows his care in this way" my mom said to me.

"But mom, he even scolded me in front of an outsider," I said.

"Sorry for that," my mom apologized.

"Why are you sorry?" I replied.

"Well, you know what? Your dad understands that you are having problems in physics so he talked to Zain about being your physics tutor" my mom said smiling.

"WHAT!?" I said loudly, not believing her.

"Yes," my mom said.

"But mom, he is also a student in the same class as I am. How come he will be able to teach me" I asked her.

"You know that he is a genius in physics, he always gets 100% in physics... I'm sure that he will be a good tutor" my mom said. 'Oh, Allah, she has a lot of trust in him'.

"So, from Monday he is going to start teaching you," my mom said.

"But mom I will find someone else to be my tutor" I said with an annoying expression.

"No, it's your dad's decision and you don't even know anyone here and your dad don't have much time to find another good tutor for you... So don't argue about it and accept it" mom said and went outside without giving me a chance to say anything else. 'When did he had time for me, he is always busy' I thought.

At dinnertime I didn't say anything, even my dad tried to start a conversation but I just answered him in yes or no. After finishing my food, I went straight to my room and slept.

-----------------------

A/N: Are you people ready to know the reason why Maryam hates Zain so much? What is the reason Maryam said that her parents had created a hole in her life? You have to wait a little bit more to know everything about Maryam's life.

Comment on your thoughts.

Don't forget to vote.

Thank you.

~INSHA