Chapter 58

We went back home. We went into our room and after shutting the door we both sat on the bed and laid down on our back.

I sighed closing my eyes and said "I'm tired"

"Same here," Zain said.

Then I opened my eyes and when I looked at his side he was already looking at me and our faces were so close.

"You're looking beautiful," he said, putting his palm on my cheeks.

"Thanks" I said.

"I still can't believe that we are married and you're my wife," he said "you are mine" he added with a smile.

"I am mine," I said, smiling cheekily.

"No, you are mine," he said.

"No," I said.

"Yes," he replied.

"No," I said.

And suddenly I felt something on my lips. It was Zain's plumpy lips.

He just kissed me.

His lips were soft and delicate. When I didn't reciprocate the kiss he pulled out and said huskily "you are mine" and went inside the closet leaving me numb.

I was shocked. It could be an understatement. I was confused about what was happening. My heart was beating so loudly. My cheeks were burning. My stomach was feeling strange. I'm unable to comprehend what I was feeling.

Shouldn't I be angry with this?

Why am I not feeling angry?

I put my palm on my heart and sat on the bed. I went to the mirror. I looked at myself in the mirror and touched my lips. I was looking like a tomato with the redness of my cheeks. I was smiling unknowingly.

Why am I smiling?

Am I happy with the thing that just happened?

I have a lot of questions in my head.

"Ya Allah help me find all these answers" I said and started undoing my hijab.

When I was removing the hijab I heard Zain clearing his throat.

"Sorry for earlier" he said.

I didn't say anything. I mean what am I supposed to say? It's okay? Or You can do it anytime. I myself don't know what I was feeling about it.

"Are you mad at me?" he said, sounding guilty.

"No" I said "I mean I don't know" I added.

"What do you mean?" He asked in confusion.

"I myself don't know what I should answer" I said "I should be angry with the thing that you did earlier but I'm not" I added.

"So are you happy with this?" he asked.

"I have to answer myself whether I'm okay with the thing or I'm not" I said "that's when I will be able to answer you" I added and he smiled.

"Don't worry Maryam and don't force your brain to give you an answer immediately, take your time" he said putting his hand on my shoulder.

"Do you need help?" he asked, pointing towards my hijab.

"Yeah there's a lot of pins in the hijab, help me remove it" I said and he started removing the pins and finally removed my hijab.

"Thank you " I said as I got up from the table and went inside the closet.

I stood in front of the mirror trying to open the back zip of the gown but all the attempts failed.

"Maryam are you alright? You're taking so much time we have to perform salah" Zain said.

What should I do?

Should I ask for his help?

No way! How can I ask him to open the zip of my gown?

But I have no other option.

What should I do?

What should I do?

"Mary are you alright?" He asked softly.

I opened the door of the closet.

"You still haven't changed?" He asked.

"I can't open the zip" I said looking at my feet.

"Oh" he said "should I ask Momma to help you?" He asked.

"Help me," I said.

"Uhh-hh" he said in confusion.

I turned around and said "open the zip".

Then he slowly opened the zip. Each second that was passing my heart was beating like crazy and it was like it would come out of my chest.

He gulped loudly and said "done" and I hurriedly went inside the closet and leaned on the door after locking it.

I patted my chest to calm myself down.

"Zain you can pray alone. I'm on my menstruation" I said loudly.

"Okay" he said and I heard the sound of door locking.

I changed into my PJ's and went out of the closet. Zain was not in the room. Then I heard the sound of shower.

Is he taking shower this late?

He came out of the washroom in his clothes that he was wearing earlier, his wet hair indicating that he just took a shower.

"Zain why did you take shower again today you will catch a cold" I said "the weather is chilling" I added.

"Nothing will happen to me, I did this because I needed it" he said.

He started performing Salah and I was lying on the bed trying to sleep but the sleep was nowhere near me. When he was done he got on the bed and inside the duvet. He slid his arms around my waist and pulled me closer to him. My back hit his hard chest. He snuggled into my hair.

"Zain I'm on my period I might stain" I said.

"Do you think I will be disgusted?" He asked.

"No but still-" I said.

"It's okay baby I will be fine and it's not something to be disgusted with, it's something to cherish" he said "Allah had created menstruation so that he can produce new life" he added.

I turned around and put my palms on his cheeks and said "why are you so good?" I asked looking into his eyes.

"I don't know," he said with a proud smile.

"I don't deserve you, Zain, you're too good for me," I said.

"What am I going to do about you? again you're saying discouraging words about yourself, how many times do I have to remind you to be confident and to love yourself" he said Putting my locks behind my ear.

"And about deserving and not deserving Allah has put us in each other's fate because we deserve each other" he said kissing my forehead "now sleep" he added.

"Good night hubby" I said looking into his eyes and he smiled widely.

"Good night wifey," he said "I love you" he added.

I snuggled into his chest wrapping my arms around his waist and drifted off to sleep right away.

----------------------

A/N: ASSALAMUALAIKUM EVERYONE!

ZAIRYAM couple's first kiss.

The story is coming to an end very soon.

Comment your favourite part of the chapter.

Next chapter will be published on Wednesday.

Comment your thoughts.

Don't forget to vote.

Thank you.

👇vote👇