Chapter 8

Today is a farewell party which our school organizes every year for last year students after finals and I'm excited to go there and have fun.

I wore a knee length cute looking pleated frock which is white in colour with red striped pattern on it with leggings in bottom and a red coloured hijab and red sneakers

My mom entered my room with a box in her hand and placed it in front of me.

"Open it Mary," mom said.

"What's it?" I asked.

"A small gift for my beloved daughter, open it" mom replied.

When I opened it my eyes got wide after seeing the things that's inside.

"Makeup" I said, not believing what I'm seeing.

"Yes! Now is the time for you to look more presentable" mom said.

"But mom, I don't know how to put these things properly," I said with a sad expression. Yes I don't know how to put makeup I really wanted to put makeup like all the girls but I never had time to work on it but I'm familiar with makeup products.

"Then let me help you today and I will teach you how to do it and you will also watch some make-up tutorials on YouTube if you get time," my mom said and started putting makeup on my face.

After putting makeup I looked at myself in the mirror and my eyes got wide by how I was looking.

"Ma Sha Allah! You are looking beautiful... I mean you always look beautiful but today you're looking like an angel" my mom said.

I still have thirty minutes left for the party. So I decided to take a selfie with my first makeup look.

After thirty mins I went downstairs and said 'Assalam-o-alaekim' to my parents as they were sitting on the couch watching TV.

"Walaekum assalam" they said in unison.

"Make sure to come back early and come back with Zain," my dad ordered.

"Okay" I said and went out.

At school:
After reaching school I found Bella and Peter and went to a table in front of the stage at the assembly hall.

"You are looking beautiful today," said Bella.

"Thank you... You are also looking beautiful right Peter?" I answered with a smile on my face.

"Yes She is beautiful" he said and winked at her.

After sometime zain joined us and sat beside me after saying 'Hi' to us.

"Oh Zain you are here I was looking for you everywhere" said Mariya after taking a seat beside Zain. And She didn't bother to greet us.

"Ohhh" Zain replied.

"Let's go somewhere for a walk after the function," She said.

"No, I have to go home early," Zain replied. She is so clingy.

A boy came on stage in front of us and started announcing. Some juniors started doing their things in which they are good like dancing and singing and some with motivational speech. After enjoying one and a half hours I started getting bored. Then sometimes later the show comes to an end and they start loud music so that we all could enjoy ourselves and those who are hungry are allowed to have lunch which is arranged in another room.

"Let's dance" Bella said.

"Yeah! Let's go" Peter added.

"Sorry! I can't dance" I said.