Chapter 25

Our year's final exams are going on and I'm so stressed about that. I'm not getting proper sleep ever since our exams have started. I'm feeling so weak because of my lack of nutrition. Mom does force me to eat but having a bad habit of vomiting when stressed I'm vomiting every time I have a meal. I'm weak but who cares about weakness when you have a lot of things to care about and since doing good in exams is your first ultimate priority.

Today is our last exam I had my breakfast but when I get back to my room to take my bag I vomited in my bathroom and not informed about it to my mom because she will nag me to take breakfast again which will cause me to vomit again and I don't have time to deal with this. I know I will manage to recover my health after this paper. I just want my exams to complete. I covered my messy hair with a hijab, pinning it properly so that it would not come into my face in exam hall. I looked at myself in the mirror, tying my hijab over my head. When I realised I'm looking like a ghost with pale skin and dark circles. All the rashes are also not doing any justice on my looks. It's happening because of a lack of skin care routine in the past few days. But right now I don't have time to think about it. And who cares about looks plus I don't have someone special to show my beauty.

I went out and Zain was in his car with a book in his hand revising something. I unlocked the passenger seat door startling Zain. I sat on the seat next to Zain.

"How's the preparation?" I asked.

"I don't know... Let's just pray for paper to be easy" Zain said, looking at me.

"Yeah" I replied.

"Maryam why are you looking so pale, are you alright?" He asked looking into my eyes.

"Well it's just because I'm stressed" I answered "you're also looking stressed look at your dark circles" I added.

"I'm looking stressed but you're looking sick. Do you have a fever or something?" He asked in concern.

"No no I'm totally fine, now start the car we have an exam to attend" I said and Zain started the engine.

After four hours of exams I managed to write all the answers. When the exams came to an end everyone left the room but I was too weak to stand up. But still I managed to come out of the room. I was feeling dizzy. My hands were shaking. My stomach was aching. As I was about to fall when someone grabbed my hand to stop me from falling. My eyes were half closed but I could see it was Asher. He was holding me in my arms. He was not holding me in a bad way, he was holding me with respect even in this position he knows how to treat a girl. That's the reason why I trust him to be his friend.

"Maryam, open your eyes, what happened?" Asher said in concern.

"Maryam what are you doing? Why are you holding her?" That's when I heard a panicked voice which is Zain's voice.

"I don't know she was about to fall on the ground" Asher said to him and Zain snatched my hand from his.

"What are you doing? She is not in the condition to go with you right now" Asher said.

"You don't need to be concerned about her, I can manage!" Zain replied.

"No first let's take her to professor Chandra" Asher said.

"You don't need to, I can take care of her and take her to professor Chandra" Zain replied.

I was so confused about what was going on. I was not in the state to open my eyes, I was not in the state to say anything. I was feeling so weak to make a voice to tell something. They're again fighting because of me and I'm not in the state to stop them. 

"Zain take me to home" that's what I managed to say and that's when they realise that it's not a good time to fight on who is going to take me to professor Chandra.