Chapter 27

Sharp at 3 am I woke up with the sound of my alarm. I got ready wearing a cherry red coloured trouser with white loose full sleeved t-shirt and covered my hair with a brown hijab. I took my luggage and dialled Zain's number.

"Zain, are you ready? It's about time to head out," I said.

"Yeah! I'm ready, give me ten minutes, I'm coming to pick you up" Zain answered from the other line.

"Okay" I replied and hung up.

After hanging up I took my baggage and backpack and went downstairs. After placing my baggage near the couch I went to my parents room and knocked on the door. After a while the door opened revealing my mom with puffy eyes.

"Assalamualaikum" I said.

"Walaikum assalam... Are you ready" mom said.

"Yes mom" I replied.

"You should've woke me up before getting ready so I should've prepared something for breakfast" mom said coming out of the room.

"They're going to serve breakfast before starting the journey" I replied, following her towards the living room.

"Wait, there's some sweets in the refrigerator, let me bring them and eat it" mom said.

"Okay" I answered.

Then my phone rang showing Zain in the caller ID.

"Mariyam, I'm outside," Zain said on the other side of the phone.

"Okay" I replied and went to the main door of the house to open it.

When I opened it I saw Zain standing there with his suitcase and backpack.

"Zain came inside, mom said to eat something before heading out" I told him.

"Okay" he replied and came inside the house.

Then mom came with a plate full of sweets and a bottle of water.

"Assalamualaikum aunt" Zain said to my mom.

"Walaikum assalam Zain" mom replied.

"Both of you sit down and eat it before heading out," mom said, placing the plate on the tea table in front of the couch and sitting on one of the couches. And we followed her.

After having some sweets and bidding my mom good-bye we went outside. My mom told me to stay safe and she told Zain to take care of me. I mean I'm old enough to take care of myself. Zain booked a cab and after taking it we arrived at Bella's house.

I didn't bother Munif to say goodbye to him because he had to wake up in an hour for Fajr and he had to go to his office for work. He joined my dad's business right after completing his MBA. After joining my dad and uncle Adnaan at their business he became a very busy person who always went to work early and got back very late. Since all the burden of the office is on him because after his joining dad and uncle Adnaan started working from home and they're even preparing for their retirement. He's doing very well at the office . He even started more of their branches in different cities and he even spread their businesses internationally. I'm very proud of him. 

When we arrived we saw people loading their luggages on the bus. Then my eyes caught Aunt Adena Bella's mom. 

She is shorter in height with blue eyes and long hair. She is the coolest woman I've ever seen in my life. She loves Bella so much and treats us like her children. She is a big fan of her soon to be son-in-law Peter. She loves him even more than Bella and sometimes Bella feels jealous of him because of that. Bella's father died in a car accident even before we met so Aunt Adena is a single mother and she has raised Bella alone and that made her even more cool.