Decision (Chrollo)

Reader's POV

I gently push him away from me. I knew that if the space between us kept closing, then I would end up breaking down in his arms and kissing him. 

"You can't live two different lives Chrollo. You s-should choose the troupe, that's been your whole life. Not mine, not the one we created together. I'm sorry....but I can see how this affects you. You're constantly worried I'm gonna be targeted, hurt, or used as leverage against you if anyone finds out we're together. I love you Chrollo, I really do, more than you could possibly fathom. But this is tearing you apart, and it's slowly tearing us apart."

Chrollo moves towards me, tears threatening to spill. He grabs my hand, holding it close to his heart. I could feel his heartbeat pick up as he spoke.

 "I can't lose you, we belong together. I want you by my side forever and always. I love you Y/N, I want you....I will always want you. "

Chrollo pauses for a moment just looking into my e/c teary eyes. He takes a deep breath and speaks again, this time his heartbeat was steady.

"Then I want you to join the Troupe."

I gasp, opening my mouth to speak, but I was at a loss for words. I didn't understand why he would be asking me to join the Phantom Troupe, the one thing he kept me from because he wanted to keep me safe.

"Chrollo, I don't understand."

He shifts closer to me, pulling my hand close to his face, kissing my knuckles softly.

"I want you to join the Troupe. I want you always by my side from here on out. With your nen ability, intelligence, skills, and beauty we could have it all. You're right I can't live two different lives, but either life I live I want you with me. Let's take on the world together, hand in hand, side by side."

My heart skips a beat and I ponder for a moment if this is the kind of life I want with Chrollo. I love him dearly, and the thought of living life on the edge with the one I loved sounds exciting.

"Yes, Chrollo! Yes, I'll join the Troupe."

I feel like I just agreed to a marriage proposal.

I smile, feeling confident in my decision. He scoops me up into his arms and spins me around. He sets me down gently, his arms still embracing me, and kisses me softly. He kisses the top of my hand and smiles. Both of us were beyond ready to start a new excitingly dangerous and thrilling life together.

💞 I wanted to do a short little fluffy angst chapter, so hope you all enjoyed it! 💞