Is This Seat Taken? (Chrollo x M.Reader)

miloelovesyou

Author's POV

The public library wasn't often crowded in the evening hours. But no matter the time of day, the public library was always peaceful for local bookworms or students.

"Can't I be just a bit taller, I can't reach the book I want."

You mumbled and ran your fingers through your hair. You really wanted to read that particular book. But it was too high up and you didn't want to draw attention to yourself by attempting to balance on a chair.

"Need some help?"

You turned and saw a charming face adorned with black hair and a bandana around his forehead. He wore a white dress shirt with the top two buttons undone and some black slacks.

"Yes please."

The man stepped closer and grabbed the book from the top shelf with ease. He gave you a charming smile and held the book out. You took it from his grasp and smiled back.

"Thank you."

"What's a guy like you doing in this section anyways? I don't peg you as the type to be into this genre."

"Just trying something new, broadening my horizons in the world of literature."

"Yeah, besides you never know what you'd truly like until you try it."

He leaned closer and turned the book it's side so the spine was facing you.

"Good book by the way."

You blushed after he walked away and held the book close to your chest. He was a very attractive man. You searched around for a spot that was hidden away. Unfortunately, students were all over the place most likely cramming for exams. You chose the corner couch in the back near Romance Fiction.

"Hello again, is this seat taken?"

You looked up from your book and saw the same man from earlier. He held a book by his side and was gesturing to the seat next to you.

"No it's not taken."

The man sat down next to you and turned his knees towards yours.

"My name is Chrollo."

"I'm Y/N."

"It's a pleasure to finally know your name."

You blushed a bit and looked back down at the book. The two of you sat in a comfortable silence reading. From time to time Chrollo's knees would brush against yours as he adjusted his position.

You closed your book and stood up to stretch. You felt eyes wander across your back. You turned to face Chrollo and he was standing up as well.

"I know it's a bit late, but would you like to join me for some coffee?"

"Sure, that actually sounds pretty nice right now."

Chrollo's POV

What an attractive, yet shy man. Just seeing his shirt come up a bit while he was stretching made me want to ask for more than just getting coffee. Out of all the people I've ever entertained simply for information or personal gains, he by far has peaked more than just my personal interests. I do think the height difference will play nicely into what I have planned.

"If you'd like after getting coffee, we could chat back at your place about that book you're reading."

He blushed plain as day, possibly having the same thoughts as I am. But still I don't want to scare him away so soon, after all I do want more than just coffee. I want to know more about him, I want to know just how easily it is to make him blush by something other than words. I want to know what drives him in life, what his dreams or goals are.

(Okay so I hope this was good, I have never really done a male reader, but I do hope I can write more possibly involving some smut or angst. And get better with writing male perspectives in general!)