Overprotective (Illumi)

Reader's POV

I back away from the man who was surrounded by the ever-growing stench of cigars and booze. My job was simple,  get as much information as possible, and get the hell out of here. But the target kept getting a bit too close for comfort, and a bit too handsy. The client who hired me and Illumi wanted dirt on this man. Our target was being accused of embezzlement, fraud, and having an affair with our client's partner.  It was fine with me because I was going to make a shitload of jenny. However, my boyfriend was a very overprotective, almost borderline possessive assassin. I worry he might interfere simply because of the fact that another man was touching me. He could sense the slightest changes in my heartbeat which indicates most of the time that something was not right. Illumi has his own tasks to accomplish, but deep down I know Illumi would never jeopardize a mission. After many attempts of flirting at a comfortable distance, the client drunkenly confided in me. I got the information I needed after he passed out from one too many bourbon on the rocks.

I make my way towards the back of the building so as to not draw any more unwanted attention to myself. I was wearing a long dark teal dress, my hair is secured into a messy bun by two gold pins. I was bound to have people do some double-takes, especially with my black stilettos clicking against the marble floor. 

I feel a rough pair of hands grab my waist and pull me into a room illuminated by a simple desk lamp. My body goes into fight or flight mode. The pair of hands roughly roam over my curves, I elbow the figure. Which then results in my wrists being pinned against the wall. However, I successfully managed to knee the captor where the sun doesn't shine. 

By the time I recognize the familiar scent of jasmine,  Illumi's voice rips me from my thoughts. He turns the lights on, displaying his crimson art. I step away from the man's lifeless body, so I didn't get blood on my stilettos. A strong pair of arms wrap around my waist and I could feel Illumi's blood-lust and aura overpowering his jasmine scent. 

I let out a dramatic sigh of relief.

"Lumi my bugged-eyed baby, you saved me!"

He frowns at the use of my nickname for him but quickly dismissed it. He was simply satisfied that he successfully completed the mission and saved me with time to spare. Right on schedule just how he liked it, and the fact that I was in his arms made it better.

"You know you practically kill every man who comes near me or touches me."

I slide my arms around his neck and look up at him lovingly.

"I suppose that is true, however, I do not accept you being touched by anyone else but me. You are mine Y/N, you know this by now."

I pull him closer.

"Of course Lumi."

A/N yes I cannon that Illumi smells like jasmine.