Soulmate AU (Chrollo)

I gotta do it- I gotta do some fluffy angst-

Author's POV

"I-I don't understand after all you've put me through...you still won't admit that you love me?"

"Well hate to break it to you, but you're stuck with me Y/N regardless if that's true or not."

You were frustrated. The day you two met the handprint on your left shoulder went away, as did his. It was common knowledge that your soulmates handprint would linger on your skin until you met them. What bothered you was that despite him being your soulmate, despite your feelings for him being painfully clear, he had put you through hell. You're life was normal until you met him. But was all this really worth being with your soulmate? Did love overpower everything else?

"I can't do this with you anymore, don't you know I'm just not cut out for this life Chrollo! No matter how hard I try to get stronger and fight alongside you through it all, you still won't just admit your feelings for me! It doesn't make sense, don't you know how much I've been through for you and because of you? Doesn't that literally scream "I love you!" Why are you being like this, making this out to be some cosmic punishment for you because I'm your soulmate."

"I don't think it's a cosmic punishment! I can't tell you how I really feel because I know this isn't the kind of life I want for you! For us! I never said anything because I was afraid I would lose you or you'd give up and run away from this life. Because like you said you aren't cut out for it."

You clenched your fists together and tried to hold back your tears.

"You fucking idiot! I love you! I fucking love you! Of course this life isn't cut out for me, because I don't want this, I want a better life with you! Why can't you see how much I've changed and grown just to keep us going, just to hold onto some small hope that one day...one day our lives would be different. That we'd be together in peace. That you would let yourself truly love me. I know the Troupe has always been your life...I know that I can't change certain parts of you. But please Chrollo, right now tell me how you really feel! Tell me the truth and seal our fate before it's too late. Before I walk away."

Chrollo froze and you looked at him with tears falling. He knew he can't keep running from this decision, he has to stop running from something that could be truly amazing.

"I admit you have stuck by my side through it all, that you have grown into the beautiful and strong human being. That you constantly love me no matter what...and I truly am a fool for not allowing myself to truly love you sooner. Out of all the things I've been through with or without you...truly loving you has been the scariest thing of all. Please just stay by my side a bit longer...please don't stop loving me. I-"

Chrollo broke down, he dropped to his knees and fell apart. All the emotions he had held prisoner for years had finally been set free. He grabbed your hand and held it against his face. You knelt down in front of him and let him cry.

"I love you Y/N, I love you so much it fucking scares me. I can't keep running, I can't do this anymore."

You leaned forward and placed a gentle kiss on his forehead. He pulled you into his arms and rested his head on your shoulder.

"Please forgive me Y/N, for being a fool, for putting you through hell. For not telling you I love you sooner. For not realizing the only punishing that was being done was by my own mind. I promise I'll make a better life for us, I promise to never stop loving you."

"Of course I forgive you Chrollo, because you're my soulmate and I love you."