You Promised (Hisoka)

cw: angst drabble 

"You promised me you'd never leave, that you would always love me, that you'd always be honest and patient with me! You promised me that I wasn't just another toy to you, that you were tired of playing games. You said I was different, that I was the one person you've felt anything towards in life." 

Hisoka crosses his arms over his chest and lets out a displeased hum. He sighs and turns his head sideways to face you, the gold in his eyes piercing right through you.

"You knew what you were getting yourself into little toy, I warned you from the start. You're foolish for thinking you could break down these walls and make me feel love for you, feel anything really, but you're so fucking stubborn. I kept you around for fun, simply all it was, some part of you had to know that, right? I let you keep living in this delusional fantasy world of yours, where I was the person you wanted me to be, who said all the right things you wanted to hear, who touched you in ways you never thought were possible. It was fun stringing you along, getting to use you for my pleasure, seeing you beg for me to show you any form of affection. I got bored, what can I say, you've fulfilled your purpose to me, and you're not fun to play with anymore."

"So that's it? That's all you have to fucking say!? Did anything we've been through or done mean nothing to you? Were you just lying this whole time? I swear Hisoka, I promise that you felt something for me, that it was love, no matter what form it manifested itself into from you. I swear I know you, that I know you more than I know myself. Everything felt real to me, I know you felt it too. I felt it in the way you kissed me, the way you let soft praises escape from your lips for me, the quiet I love you's late at night before falling asleep. I know I knocked down some walls, I knew that this wasn't going to be perfect, that it was going to be hard and messy. But I gave you my heart and my body willingly, because I saw something good in you, something beyond your cold and twisted demeanor. You can't tell me you didn't feel anything in the way I kissed you, the way I held your face in my hands and told you that I loved you and that I will always be by your fucking side! Was I really just another warm body for you to fuck, to use for your own sick satisfaction? To mold and manipulate into the perfect plaything, who catered to every fucking one of your needs? Who showed you something beyond basic fucking kindness, affection, and love? I have stayed by your side through it all, when you were at your worst, every fight, every sick plan you came up with, every goal you wished to fulfill, every good and bad moment. I love you unconditionally, every fucking day of my life since I met you, even now, despite how much you've hurt me. So stand here and fucking tell me, be truly honest with me, and tell me that not one fraction of your being ever felt any ounce of love for me!"

Hisoka turns his body towards you and lifts your chin up with his pointer finger. His gold eyes pierced straight to your core, making your heart skip a beat once more for him. His lips brush softly against yours as he snakes his arm around your waist. He breaks the kiss, his arm still wrapped tightly around your waist, almost as if he was scared to let go of you, that you would finally run away from him.

"It was fun while it lasted Y/N."

He watched as you tore yourself from his grasp, and walked away silently sobbing. Then finally disappearing from his sight. He lied to you once again, it was second nature to him.  He did feel something at that moment, when he kissed you and held you like he had done several times before. He was terrified below the surface, terrified because he did feel things for you, that he had truly fallen in love with you. But he was too conflicted by these feelings that were so foreign to him. You had broken down every wall he built up over the years, you had stormed in and defrosted his cold heart. He had hurt you on purpose because you were too rare and beautiful to ever be with someone like him. He truly believed he did not deserve you or your love, so he tried to push you away many times and always failed until now. Because like you said many times before, you would always stay by his side and love him unconditionally. Then finally before he even realized it the words he didn't mean before escaped from his lips too late. It was just a soft echo now in the cold room that was once filled with your warm and loving presence. 

"I love you."