Until You Fall (Chrollo)

Content Warning: yandere vibes & thank you injjured for the idea

Author's POV

"Today has been so fucking awful! I can't believe I ever wanted to work there in the first place."

You dug into your bag for your keys and tried to stop the tears from falling. Your boss finally got to you and you quit your job. Months of dealing with bullshit and stress was finally coming to an end.

"Seriously like what the fuck with men anymore!"

You gripped your keys tightly and sobbed. Holding on to the keys as if it was someone else's hand who would never let you go while you broke down. It was comforting in a sense even if it wasn't an actual person. That was all you ever had most the time, holding onto inanimate objects to steady and ground yourself.

"I just I don't know anymore."

"You don't know what?"

You gasped and looked up. A tall, shady looking man stood in front of you. He smelled like absolute garbage.

Oh fuck no! I am not going through this too.

"Say what's a pretty little thing like you crying for?"

You stood up and placed the keys between each of your fingers. The man came closer and reached out to grab your shoulder. You swung at him, but he dodged it effortlessly.

"Oh for fucks sake man, leave me alone!"

You tried to take off running, but the man pinned you to the brick wall. You gripped your keys tighter, you were ready to lose your shit on this creep.

Chrollo's POV

Tonight the air felt uneasy, which really isn't uncommon for people like me. But this felt like something much worse. I haven't checked up on her today, I assume she's still at work. Yes she should be, she doesn't get off until 9 pm. Her routine was semi-consistent, which made my job a bit easier.

She's so perfect and lovely and I have to make her mine. Even if I have to kill anyone who gets in my fucking way.

I would treat her better than her boss does, than any man has. She deserves nothing but love, care, protection, and respect. As for honesty well, that I may have to bend the rules on a little. Seeing as how I've been watching her live her life from a distance for 6 months now. 6 long fucking months, and I was growing impatient to have her. I didn't want to scare her though, I want her to feel safe in my arms. I would never harm her. She's too precious to me. I just need to find the right moment to sweep her off her feet.

"Oh for fucks sake man, leave me alone!"

Why is she not at work!? Why is she out on these streets alone! Who the fuck is messing with her. I'll kill the mother fucker.

I ran towards her angelic voice, so many obscenities were spilling her sweet lips.

No focus Chrollo! You are the infamous leader of the Phantom Troupe. The king who needs to save his queen. Heads will fucking roll when I find her.

She was backed against a brick wall, anger and fear littered her lovely face.

Keys as a weapon? Oh my sweet little rose, I will teach you how to properly defend yourself. Not that it will be needed once you're mine.

I grabbed the piece of shit by the back of his jacket and threw him to the ground. She flinched and backed further into the wall, as if that could protect her.