Firstborn (Illumi)

Author's POV

*(S/N) born 7 lbs 12 ounces. (I don't think y'all want me attempting to explain childbirth-)

"Oh Illumi isn't he beautiful!" 

You sob admiring the beautiful bundle of blue that wiggled in your arms. The baby cooed when Illumi runs his cold pale fingers across his son's chubby little arm.

"Indeed he is." 

Illumi replies, he too was admiring his newborn son. He was admiring you as well, thinking to himself what a wonderful mother you will be.

(S/N) has your (e/c) and Illumi's charcoal-colored hair. 

He was an adorable little boy who you secretly thought favored Illumi more than you.

(S/N) bounces on Illumi's lap babbling and playing with his father's long silky hair. Illumi stares at his son lost in thought. 

Why does he drool so much? Is this normal? I hope this doesn't get in my hair.

He blinks twice in confusion as (S/N) pulls at his shirt, his little feet struggling to balance on his father's thighs as he pulls himself up.

(S/N) successfully stands on his father's lap, holding on tightly. Illumi watches (S/N) giggle and playfully tap the side of his face. He begins to babble once more and drools on Illumi's shoulder. His little legs bounce up and down as he giggles and plays with Illumi's hair.

"D-d-daa." the little boy babbles "D-d-daada." 

Illumi's eyes widen in awe as his son says his first word. Illumi quickly stands up with his son tucked safely in his arms and quickly walks toward you.

You look up from your book to see Illumi holding (S/N) out in front of him proudly. Your son's feet moving excitingly in the air. Illumi has a small smile on his face and a look of pure awe. 

"He said his first word." 

Illumi holds him out to you. He looks down at his son.

"Go on say it again."

You sit there giggling at the sight of your beloved husband and adorable baby boy. Your son giggles at the sight of you and smiles a toothless grin. He babbles once more.

 "D-d-daada."

You stand up and squeal from pure happiness .

"Oh my God Illumi!!" 

You wrap your arms around Illumi, the two of you stand there in a loving embrace as (S/N) continues to babble in Illumi's arm.

"Okay (S/N) now say Momma."

"Mmm-Daada." 

Illumi stands there smiling and admiring both of you lovingly.