Chapter 10- It's My Need To Confine You

Valeria:

I was finally at work on a regular busy evening. Christmas was in two weeks and this last minute inventory was adding onto the busy workload. In my small office I kept working a few sketches for clients when at random times I would be pulled to help count the last of the inventory.

"Yes Gerie?"

"We're about done here so I would like to talk with you privately. Meet me in my office in 5"

"Of course "

Walking back to my desk, I started putting away the sketches in the individual clients file. Going through the files I stumbled on Abel's file which made me smile. This man was so complicated but just being around him I was instantly drawn to him. Finishing with the papers, I walked into Gerie's large office and sat down waiting for her.

Walking in she sat across from me smiling.

"Sorry for being a bitch since I've been back but there's a few things I want to tell you"

"Is everything okay with you?"

"Yeah, I'm just pregnant and want to ask you something"

My mouth dropped, Geri has been trying for two years to have a baby and it was finally happening.

"Oh my God! Congratulations!"

Going around her desk I hugged her tightly.

"Thank you, I've been so sick and grumpy from the lack of sleep"

"If you need anything just let me know, I don't know much about this pregnancy stuff but I'm here if you need anything"

Walking back to sit down I couldn't have been more excited for her.

"I really appreciate it but I was really wondering if you would like to take Bruno permanently"

Sitting there surprised, I did get attached to the little fatty.

"Won't you miss him?"

"Yeah but I won't have time with the new baby and all. I know you will take really good care of him"

I guess I have a son now.

"I'll take him"

"Thank you so much Val! I'll let Ant know so he can get his things together"

Holding back my dismay, I hated being around her husband Ant when she wasn't around, he gave off a bad vibe just by the way he would look at you.

"Alright, um..I'll just get my things together"

"When Ant get here he'll take you home so don't look so overwhelmed! I wouldn't let you take the subway with Bruno"

Ugh, not only did I have to be in a car with the creepy owner Ant, I also had to tell control freak Abel that I was getting a ride.

"Just get me in my office when he's here"

Walking back to my office I sat in my rolling chair and pulled my cell out of the top drawer. I dialed Abel's number but he didn't answer. Texting him briefly that I was getting a ride home, Gerie came knocking to tell me Ant was ten minutes away. Gathering my things I saw that my text to Abel was read but he still didn't reply. Placing my messenger bag across me, I went to the display area of the store to wait.

"Hi Valeria"

Looking up from my phone I noticed Ant standing there with looking at me from head to toe. He was a Italian in his late fifties and had creep written all over his face, but that was Gerie's husband.