Chapter 3- Kisses Aren't Free

Valeria:

1 Week Later

Waking up to banging on my door scared the shit out of me. Quickly jumping out of bed I opened the door to see my sister carrying Bruno, the cutest Bulldog puppy ever.

"Aw give me my baby"

Grabbing him from her I started caressing him and planting kisses on his head.

"Your baby just shitted and pissed on the bathroom rug, in which I stepped in!"

Petting his white and brown hair, I couldn't help but laugh at the irony of him actually using the bathroom.

"Well at least he did his business in the right place"

"Val! Aren't you suppose to take him out to shit somewhere?"

"Where am I supposed to take him Raquel? To go shit on the sidewalk? The park is blocks away, poor thing can't hold it in so that's why he has those mats"

Pointing to the blue training mats, my sister just rolled her eyes.

"Ugh! Put a diaper on him I don't care, I can't wait for this week to be over"

Walking away cursing under her breath and with a slight limp, since she had dog shit on her foot, I laughed at my sister when she turned around and flipped me off.

"Keep him in your room Val!"

Closing my door I put Bruno down while he went straight to chewing on his toy. Climbing back in bed, I finally had a day off but since Gerie was on vacation I was on call if any of the other employees needed my help.

The morning was cold and the warmth of my bed swallowed me up. Pulling my blanket up to my chin, all I wanted was to fall asleep and wake up past ten. Closing my eyes I started taking in the quietness when my cell phone started vibrating. Picking it up from the side table, I didn't recognize the number so I let it ring. Turning over and hugging my pillow, my phone vibrated again. Ugh

-Phone Call-

"Hello?"

•silence•

"Hellooooo?"

"Hey.."

"Who's this?"

"Even on the phone you're rude"

I recognized that voice.

"Mr. Tesfaye, it's not even 7am and I'm in bed, what's up?"

"What are you wearing?"

What the fuck? that woke me up.

"I'm hanging up now"

"I'm just kidding, and stop calling me Mr. Tesfaye, making me feel old and shit. I just called because I wanted to see the progress on the chains and some guy called saying my watches are done"

"Progress? I have half of them done but your watches are ready, you can meet with Jeremy at the store today and he'll help you"

"Why do I have to meet with Jeremy?"

"Abel, it's my day off and I'm really looking forward to sleeping in and you're making it impossible since we are on the phone and your asking me all these questions"

"Sorry, I didn't know I was bugging.."

Shit, I kind of feel bad, just remembering his eyes, those eyes that at times looked so sad.