Chapter 39- Redemption Pt. 2

Not edited~~

Valeria-

My eyes open slowly, and I hear the constant sound of beeping beside me. I blink a few times, and as my vision clears I see the pale cream walls and the bright fluorescent lights above me. I'm in a hospital. I move my body slowly, and a dull thudding pain radiates through my ribs.

Fuck.

I groan as I felt another hand on mine and see my sister wide eyed, she looks so tired.

"Val.. You're awake I gotta get the nurse, shìt let me push the button to alert her. Oh my god I've been praying to see your eyes opened"

Swallowing the thickness from my throat, I placed my hand without the ivy toward my throat.

"Can you get me some water?"

"Fúck, wheres this bìtch at?! Let me get you that. I'll be right back"

My voice was raspy and dry as my sister quickly went to get some water. Swallowing again, I glanced around now that I was alone. The room was filled with flower and some balloons.

"Miss. Barcio I'm Candice your nurse, I'm glad to see that you're awake. The doctor will be here soon so I'll be checking your vitals to make sure everything is okay"

"My sister went to get me some water, my throat is killing me"

Candice went about checking my temperature and the vitals on the beeping machine next to me.

"Your sister is a feisty one Miss. Barcio, she's been here everyday"

A small smile was on my face, I can imagine how my sister was a pain in the ass.

"She's a handful, how long have I been here?"

Watching her as she wrote in what I presumed my file, she started to raise my bed so I could sit up.

"Handful? She was about to get into a fist fight with security because we don't allow latex balloons for allergic purposes. As you can see she won that fight"

She smiled down at me as I sat there surprised.

"You've been her for two weeks, now I'll get you some water and ice chips until the doctor comes"

"Thank you Candice"

Before she could step out Raquel walked in with two bottles of water bottles on each hand.

"Candice, she's okay to drink this right?"

My sister came closer opening a bottle for me.

"Her throat should be sore from the tube so take light sips, her vitals look well and now we need to get her to slowly eat again once she checks out with the doctor"

Closing the curtain that was in front of the door, I sipped on my water as my sister just watched me.

"Stop staring at me Raquel"

Sitting down she held my hand as I took light sips.

"Valeria, I've never been so scared in my life. I'm just happy to see you awake"

Seeing the tears pool in her eyes made me want to cry because my sister never cries in front of me.

"I'm here now Raquel, don't cry please. Where's Bel's? I miss her Ive been going crazy since I was taken"

Seeing her slightly shift, she reached for her phone.

"She's with Abel, I've been here waiting for you to wake up"