Chapter 38- Pay Back

Valeria:

My eyes were fighting to open but there was only darkness. My heart was racing and I could hear muffled voices, people were conversing about God knows what while I was struggle to break from this darkness that was consuming me.

"She can't stay here too long, they'll be looking for her soon"

Voices in and out through my unconsciousness, my hands were tied and I was trying to remember where I was at last, the club. The club where I felt drowsy and slowly saw my phone drop to the ground. A drink that Angelo gave me, a drink that was spiked with a substance to instantly knock me into this darkness.

What a fool I was, Abel always told me never to accept a drink from a stranger. If he saw me now, I could hear his voice with a hint of his Canadian accent tell me "I told you not to take a fúcking drink from anyone you don't know Val". If he could only see me now, my mouth was gaged and I was blind folded with my hands tied. I move and it only applies pressure to my wrists, I move my legs and they're also tied, I start to wiggle when I feel someone touch the back of my hair. They were untying whatever was wrapped around my mouth, I flex my jaw before I speak.

"Where am I? Why am I here?"

It was quiet, too quiet when a man starts to speak.

"You're collateral"

That voice, I heard that voice before. I sit quietly trying to remember, trying to pin a face to that voice, fúck I feel so out of it I can't think.

"Collateral? For what? I don't owe anyone any money"

My voice is barely a whisper, I'm confused I know for a fact I don't owe anyone money.

"Remember Yuri?"

My heart wants to jump out of my chest, how could I forget Yuri?

"Yes"

Feeling tugging behind my head, the covers from my eyes dropped and my eyes blinked rapidly trying to adjust to dimmed room.

"Don't worry, I was there one that too him out"

Glancing around I saw a figure of a woman near he corner of what seemed an empty room. She walked closer while hugging herself, I blinked repeatedly not believing it was Drea.

"Drea? You killed your own father?"

I watched her with her head down slowly tilt up to make eye contact, she had black eyes and her face was swollen. Shaking her head that she didn't kill her father, the voice that I couldn't make out came out from behind me. It was Michael, a one time customer of mine.

"Hi Val, I know your confused but I'll try to explain best I can"

Tugging the loose hair behind my ear, I flinched at his fingers touching me.

"Why are you doing this? I've never did anything to you Michael"

Grabbing a handful my hair, he yanked my head back so I could face him as he stood above me.

"You haven't done anything... But your boyfriend Abel ruined my life. That bìtch right there left me for that mótherfúcker when Yuri was about to cut me a lucrative deal since I was dating and having a son with his baby girl. Drea told him she didn't want anything to do with me, Yuri was so pathetic he slowly stopped cutting me in deals that I coordinated. They didn't think I would know, Drea fúcking Abel in a drug induced binge while Bryce cried in other room"