Chapter 35- Beauty Behind The Madness

~Not Edited~

Valeria-

I sat there as I heard as I heard the hush but loud conversation toward the kitchen. Glancing around I spot pictures of Abel when he was a baby and child surrounded by his family. Looking down at Isabella's car seat, she was fast asleep as my nerves peaked being here in Abel's mothers living room. The muffled sound of them discussing in their native language made me feel even more uncomfortable, I was here because he thought I would be safe here.

When I wasn't even wanted here.

Cash who sat on the sofa chair near me gave me a look of pity. My chest burned out of anger that considered Abel's idea to come here.

"She's just very protective of Abel" Cash gave me a weak smile.

"I understand"

As the discussion continued I could hear Abel and his mother come near the living room where we were seated.

"Abel, you are engaged to a proper girl from a good family and your throwing it all away because of her"

"Mom please, she'll hear you"

Their conversation was now in English for Cash and I to hear.

"This is my house. Julia is what's best for you, you are expected a child and you question her but when this woman comes back into your life you welcome a bastard child with no proof"

Moving away from hearing distance, all I could do was smile weakly at cash.

"So Julia is pregnant?"

I could tell cash was nervous.

"That's the only reason why Abel got engaged to her"

I'm not going to lie, hearing that made my chest hurt. She's a fúcking model, that would be the last thing she would want to happen.

"Val you have to understand that Abel was a wreck without. When he's in pain he tried to cover it up"

"I do understand but he's the one that made me leave in the first place, as fúcked up as I am, I gave him the best part of me. This whole relationship has been bumpy"

At this point I wanted out of here, if it was just me I'd run from here and protect myself but I had Isabella to worry about. Trying to give Abel the benefit of doubt, I agreed to his help but all the things he wasn't telling me was too much.

"Relationships have those bumps Val"

"Cash, the only bumps I would like to have in a relationship is the fact that Abel gets angry when I say 'I don't care' when he asks what I want to eat, I want him to be bothered that I twist the bottom of the toothpaste which irks his nerves or the fact that I want to watch fúcking Pretty Little Liars in the entertainment room and he was to play PS4 and tries kicking me out, those are the little bumps couples have"

"I like those things you do Val"

Looking toward Abel's voice I saw his mother walk past him and stop near me.

"You should of stayed where you were at, my son was freed from you. You'll never be good enough, you don't think I know about your drug addict mother? Or your sister being a prostitute?"

What the fúck?

Getting up I turned to her so I could face her.

"For being so high and mighty you sure are a fúcking bì--"

"Val please let's just go"

Gripping my elbow, I moved away from Abel.

"Glad to see your true colors, you and your family are trash. You'll never compare to Julia, she's marrying and having a family with Abel you and your daughter need to find another man who is willing to take care of you--"