Chapter 24- Push It To The Limit

Valeria:

Abel has been gone for almost twenty minutes since I heard him take Drea down to the lobby. Sitting on his sofa as Bryce slept without a care, I waited for Abel. Another ten minutes passed when I heard the elevator door opened. Walking in was Abel with an older man. Looking at him confused Abel instantly made eye contact and from what I can tell he looked angry. Brushing his hand down his face, he just shook his head in irritation.

"Val this is Yuri, Drea's father. He's taking Bryce with him"

Watching as his green eyes eyes me like I was his desert.

"She's very beautiful Abel"

"Valeria"

His thick accent prominent when saying Abel, I couldn't figure where he was reaching for his hand to greet him, he took my hand and held it.

"Valeria... You Italian?"

Pulling my hand away, I wasn't in the mood to engage in conversation with someone who I found creepy as fúck by the way he looked at me.

"No, I'm not"

While Abel picked up Bryce I went close to him to make sure Bruce was covered . Handing Abel the bag with his belongings and his backpack, I leaned and kissed Bryce on the forehead. The time spent with him I instantly felt a connection with him, he reminded me of myself. My mother was similar to Drea and I lucked out by having my sister Raquel to help take care of me.

"His things are in these bags"

"Good"

Abel handed Bryce over to Drea's father and I could feel a sharp pain in my chest. I wanted him to stay. Lifting his head up Bryce looked around confused and began to cry hysterically for Abel. Drea's father couldn't seem to calm him down and I could see Abel hold his restraint not to take Bryce from him.

Fúck it.

Walking close to Bryce I tried calming him down. Reaching for his backpack I pulled out his stuffed Spider-Man.

"It's okay.. Shhsshh.. Look who I have"

Handing him his Spider-Man seemed to calm him down from his tantrum.

"This boy is spoiled, he cries for everything"

You would think his grandfather would be different from his mother.

"Sir, we don't mind if you leave him until he's fully rested, that's why he's so grumpy"

Glancing at Abel I could see him looking at me with an angry look.

"Val, this has nothing to do with you. Bryce has to go with his family"

"It's okay, I'm taking him because my daughter will not leave me alone. Abel we talk soon"

Walking irritated as fúck towards the kitchen, I went straight to Abel's bar. It's morning but I needed a drink before I flipped out. Pouring myself a shot of tequila, I took it straight when I heard the elevator doors closed. Placing the glass down on the counter I was about to poor myself another one when Abel took the glass away.

"It's kinda early to be drinking not you think?"

"It's 5 somewhere so can you give me the shot glass back"

Looking at me with no expression, our eyes locked with each other's.

"I don't like you drinking to much, let's go back to bed"

Control freak.

"I didn't ask what you liked Abel, I'm grown and I need a drink"

"Your grown? You're not even 21 and have no business drinking right now. When you're around me you ain't doing none of this shit"