Chapter 18- Getting It In

Valeria:

Abel loves me?

Laying in bed awake at 10 in the morning, I just starred off into my hotel rooms ceiling. I kept telling myself this since last night and the crazy part is that I feel like I do too. Turning over I buried my face into my pillow, I was damaged goods. These feeling just over came me during all these weeks and I cared for him too much to hurt him. I needed time to open up and trust him completely.

Groaning into my pillow, my phone vibrated again against the dark red comforter. Jae texted me asking when I was coming over since my god daughter was going to be there later, she also was having a barbecue since I was leaving tonight. Looking at my phone I texted her that I would be there around 1 since my flight wasn't due to leave until tonight. Checking through my messages Abel hasn't tried texting or calling me which made me nervous.

What if he's tired of waiting for me?

Pulling the comforter up to my chin I was just laying in bed thinking about how I was acting with Abel. Getting my heart broken was no fun but I knew I had to get over all the bad things that had me emotionally detached.
Abel has been great and he deserves the time to sort out his personal relationships with these girls he messes with. As scared as I was I wasn't dumb to let someone like him go, he became someone I looked forward to seeing anytime of the day. Putting my phone down I started to drift back to sleep, a little bit more of sleep wouldn't hurt.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I'm supposed to be the guest Jae, you have me here cooking like I'm the host"

Cutting a stalk of celery, Jae had me make potato salad since she claimed that she didn't know how to make it.

"You know damn well I don't ever treat you like a guest, so make that delicious potato salad you make so well"

Hearing my god daughter whine in her walker, I put the knife down and washed my hands so I could carry her. Being the youngest and not having many kids around me, I always found children so fascinating. For as long as I remembered I would always tell myself how I didn't want to bring innocent lives into this messed up world. Once Jae had my god daughter it really made me rethink my decision.

"You're spoiling her Val, she's just fussing"

Walking closer to Alyssa's walker, I could see her knawing on her knuckles. She just turned a year old and must be still growing in her teeth.

"Jae she needs her teething ring"

Picking her up, I kissed her chubby cheek as she got her baby spit on my face. Gently holding her up, I went to sit down as Jae gave me her chewing ring.

"My little mamas must be getting her molars. So when are you having some babies? I'd like to be an auntie too"

"Not anytime soon, I need a stable man for that"

Sitting next to me, Jae's phone started ringing, gesturing that she needed a minute, she went outside where her back yard was. Talking for a few minutes, she came back inside with the biggest smile.

"Speaking of your man, Hawk and Abel are on their way"

"What?"

"I invited Hawk back after he went back to his hotel this morning, is there a problem?"

"Not really, what went on with you and Hawk anyways?"

Sitting near me she took Alyssa into her lap.

"Not really? Did you have an argument with Abel? Hawk is a nice guy, we're just getting to know each other"

"He told me he was in love with me last night and my dumbass freaked out. And everyone's nice according to you"