Chapter 36- Break Down

I'm starting to add the music that I listen to as I write this on my phone, song is above.

Mariah Carey - Break Down

Comment what you listen to as you read... Enjoy.

Not Edited.

Valeria:

"You need to stop with the pears and whipped cream Valeria, you need a real breakfast"

I sat in my sisters living room looking like I was ran over by a truck. My hair was up in a messy bun, my sweats and sweatshirt were loose on me and to be honest what my outer appearance was how I felt inside, like shìt. It's been two weeks since I came to stay with my sister until I found my own place.

"I'm fine Raquel, I'm not really hungry"

"You've been moping around for the past week, I want to see you smile"

"I'm just nervous about Abel taking Isabella for the night"

I haven't heard from Abel since I left him at the hotel so when he texted about wanting to spend time with Isabella surprised me. Keeping his word Abel had Aaron follow us everywhere when we were out, I felt bad that Aaron would wait outside but he's always says its part of his job and that he now lives close to us. Luckily for him I hardly been out lately because Ive been feeling depressed.

I was tired of making it seem that I was okay when I wasn't, I was sad and hurt that Abel and I couldn't work out. Feeling the heaviness in my chest was becoming normal and I was getting used to being alone with Isabella again.

"Is his bìtch ass mother going to be around while he has my niece?"

After telling Raquel what happened with Abel's mother she wanted to beat the shìt out of Abel for not speaking up. She kept telling me he didn't have to be disrespectful in telling his mother not to speak to me that way. I shrugged it off but my sister is the type that will hold a grudge and remember every wrong a person has done to her.

"I don't think so, we don't talk much"

"I know you two have issues--"

"He has issues" I interrupted.

"Both of you have issues but you need to communicate for Isabella's sake"

I knew this already, how do I tell her that Abel wants minimal communication with me?

"We communicate fine, I just hope he doesn't freak out if she cries or if he knows how to change a diaper. Thats what really worries me"

"You just have to ask him, shouldn't he be here by now?"

Picking up my phone I saw that he texted that he was here. My sister lived in a condo that was in a high rise so he needed to check in before he could come up.

"He's on his way up, I'm going to bring down Bel's things"

"I'll gladly let him in"

Leaving my sister I went upstairs toward our room. Walking into the room we shared I glanced at Isabella who was sleeping in her crib as I started getting her bag and blankets to take down to the living room. Walking into the kitchen I could hear my sister talking to Abel while I grabbed the zip lock bag of cleaned bottles and can of formula. Entering the living room I saw Abel waiting as he brought his hand down from his cheek, he held a couple of folders that contained papers.

He's going to fight for custody.

I paused before I completely walked in, my sister was already upstairs leaving us alone. He looked beautiful compared to me, his beard was freshly groomed and he looked so refreshed, angelic almost.