Chapter 16- I want you

Valeria:

It's only been an hour after Abel left and I've been stuck in this room thinking about what happened. I panicked because everything he was saying was true and I ended up hurting him. Feeling frustrated the only person I could talk to is back home, my sister. Calling her I waited for her to pick up.

-CALL-

"Valeria, why haven't you called me back?! I've been calling you since yesterday"

"Sorry Raquel, I've been busy"

Staying quiet for a couple of seconds, I didn't know how to bring up what happened between Abel and I.

"Busy? That's some bullshit. What have you been doing.. Or should I say who have you been doing?"

Slightly laughing, my sister knew damn well Abel was here.

"I think I messed up Raquel"

"What happened Valeria?"

Taking a deep breathe, I started telling her how Abel and I have been spending time together.

"So this afternoon he wanted me to go to the club with him and his friends and I said no. I just didn't want to get close to him but I love being around him, he's so funny and I'm so dumb for trying to push him away. He wants to try and be more Raquel, I got scared and told him no and he left really mad"

"Valeria, what if he's the one for you and you're too scared to find out because of some asshole that hurt you before. You gotta let that go and move on. Would you want him with someone else?"

Playing with my shirts hem, I knew I messed up.

"I'd feel bad after hurting the bitch he gets with"

Laughing, I knew I reacted badly with Abel.

"Get sexy and go makeup with him and please use protection"

"I guess"

"You little whore! You guess?"

"Don't worry I'm on birth control and he came somewhere else"

"Wait, where did he come?"

"It's been nice talking to you sister but I gotta get something to wear for the club tonight"

Laughing I tried my best not to say anything more.

"Ah you little shit! Wait until I see you. Be careful tonight and please no fighting"

"Raquel I'm not about that life anymore, geez one night I get into it with a girl and you never let me forget it, so relax jerk. I'll see you in two days"

"I'm just saying, mom said you're supposed to see her today"

"I'm going again this evening after I see Jaelyn, I'll text you when I get back"

"Okay love you bye"

"Love you bye"

-END OF CALL-

Jaelyn was one of my closest friends since elementary. Ever since I moved I would come visit her here in Cali every summer but since she got married and had her 2 year old daughter things kind of been distant between us. Never losing contact she finally confided in me that she was divorcing her husband because he kept cheating on her and had anger problems. I felt so bad because she was truly an amazing girl that deserved the best.