Chapter 12- Unthinkable

Abel:

Waking up, I slowly opened my eyes and didn't instantly recognize where I was. Traveling so often always made me miss this feeling. Looking around I remembered that I was in Val's room, her room gave off her scent but she wasn't here. Reaching for my pants and shirt, I changed and went to see where she was at. Hearing faint barks and music, I knew she was in the room next door.

Walking toward the room, the door was opened and instantly saw Val painting while Bruno wrestled and fought with his chew toy. Hearing the music, I recognized it to be Alicia Keys. Standing in the doorway, this room was like a drawing and painting studio. Her hair was up with certain pieces falling into her white tank top, her sweats were tight around her waist as the oversized pants hanged off her frame. She was in her zone as each stroked of hers added more elements to her crying figure. Stepping back, she stared into her work without realizing I was behind her.

"Your work is amazing"

Jerking forward, she placed her hand over her heart.

"You scared me, did I wake you?"

Looking at her with a smile as she tried fixing her hair, I was at an awe at how good she looked in the morning.

"Sorry, no you didn't"

"I couldn't sleep so this relaxes me"

"You're really good"

"Thanks, as kid I used to draw as an escape so eventually I started painting"

Watching her fidget was cute, she was uncomfortable.

"I just came to tell you that I gotta get going"

Her smile faintly went away, when she walked to turn off the music

"Oh, you want to eat something before you leave?"

Picking up Bruno she held him close to her as she stood near the doorway with me.

"I'm good. I'm going back to Toronto for Christmas, so I'll call you when I'm back in New York"

Seeing her force a smile, we walked out and headed downstairs. I felt strange for leaving her here alone. I knew something was bothering her but she wouldn't tell me what was going on with her. Opening the door, I turned around and pecked her lips as the cool air brushed us.

"Have a safe trip, and a Merry Christmas"

"You do the same. And you, take care of her"

Petting Bruno, Val just faintly laughed at me talking to him. Walking down the steps, she stood at the doorway until I got in the waiting SUV.

Sitting in the back, I just stared out of the window. Leaving Val when I knew she was sad made me feel like shit. I didn't even ask her if she was okay, I woke up and told Freddy to hurry and get me, it never bothered me before but it does with Val.

Valeria:

It was just Bruno and I for breakfast, I was getting used to being alone. My sister spent a lot of time with Chris and texted me wanting us to spend Christmas with Chris' family, which I declined. She must be in love. Eating my banana, I sat there not knowing what to do with myself. Christmas was in 3 days and it didn't feel like it.

"How pathetic am I Bruno? At least we have each other on Christmas little fatty"

Chewing on my finger, I put him down and went on my phone. Logging onto Instagram, I finally accepted Abel's request. Glancing through his page, he had a hectic life, I kept telling myself I needed to get away from him before things escalated more. Sighing deeply, I got up and went back to painting. All I knew was that I wasn't staying here for the holidays.