Pollen

"Got everything?" Nami asks looking at Zoro making sure his boots are tied correctly. Then she looks over at Sanji standing there lighting a new cigarette. Both having big backpacks on their back, Zoro has his swords, Sanji with his cigarette and ready to go.

Zoro nods. Like always they, Sanji and Zoro, were chosen to go into the island and get supplies. Franky and Brook are to watch the Sunny. While Usopp, Nami, Robin and Chopper are to set up camp on the shore while exploring the shore too. They didn't want to go into the thick forest, more like a jungle with how green and so many trees there are. It looked dangerous, they would send Luffy but they didn't want to risk sending him in just in case. Their captain is a magnet for trouble. 

"Lets go marimo." Sanji orders, not to happy about being paired with the marimo again. Zoro just grunts but follows him. He doesn't have it in him to argue. He just wants to get what they need and come back to train and nap. The quicker they get what they need the faster he'll come back. "We need to get some meat for Luffy. Some herbs for spices. Make sure to collect multiple plants so Chopper can test it." He says talking more.

Zoro zones him out. He knows the drill by now. They've done this multiple times, after being on the same crew for so long now. They go to an island, the explore, help Nami make her map. They make sure they find materials and ingredients so Sanji can cook for them, especially if they haven't gotten on an island with a town on it, and are running out of supplies on the Sunny. Usually the islands have similar plants, herbs and animals. But most of the time each island have their own flora and fauna, and if someone comes across it it's typical to grab a couple and mark where they are so Chopper can check if it's safe to use. If it's safe they know where to go to get more.

Zoro gathered some fruits from a tree, getting as much as he can in his arms. He jumps down to the ground with a loud thud. As he landed on his feet a fruit falls out of his arms. Balancing the fruits he reached over to grab it. When he got it he turned to his backpack and added the fruits inside. As he lifts the backpack to put it on he notices a flower that wasn't there before, or maybe it was. It is a beautiful blue and purple flower but it looked like it was dying or maybe it's infected with something with the way the black started to consume it. He knew it wasn't dying, the stem and leaves were as green as the rest of the forest. But it looked like it was growing black, changing into a new color.

"Are you done marimo?" Sanji asks coming from the forest. Zoro just stares at this flower. What if it had really good healing abilities? Chopper could use it. Or it could be a good seasoning, or spice for Sanji. "Oh marimo wh- what's that?" Sanji asks coming to stand next to Zoro, looking down at this plant.

"Think we should take it?" Zoro asks.

"Isn't it dead?" Sanji asks. Zoro shakes his head as he moves forward to show the blonde the stem and leaves.

"Still green." Sanji hums at that. Very interesting. He leans forward to get a good look at it. Before any of them could sense it it turns to Zoro and prays white pollen in his face. Zoro falls back on his ass coughing and spitting out the pollen in his mouth. As Sanji watches Zoro's reaction the flower turn to him and sprays a red pollen in the cook's direction. Sanji starts coughing and spitting too, taking a step back but losing his footing and falling on his ass too. Before either of them can recover it spray both of them again with a pink pollen this time, so much pollen that it surrounded the area they both sat in.

When the pollen cleared and they were able to breathe. Zoro looked to see the flower gone. Sanji turned to Zoro angry. "The hell!" Sanji shouts. Zoro frowns, like it was his fault.

"Dont yell at me! If you didn't know how was I supposed to?" Zoro yells back. He looks back to where the flower was to see its there. But now in a different color, its petals are fully black now.

"What ever, let's just get back to the Sunny so I can start on lunch." Sanji says getting up, face scrunched up in anger. 

Zoro didn't argue or get told twice. He got up and went with the blonde, he wanted to do some late training or nap. Either of the two will be good for him.

They didn't know what it was, maybe it was their minds or they really did go far into the forest because after what felt like an hour they weren't back at the shore where the Sunny is. So weird because the blonde swears the Sunny is close. They didn't go that far. It was also getting unbearably hot. Sanji had to shred his blazer and his vest off. But even that wasn't enough, he had to unbutton the top of his his shirts and roll up his sleeves. It wasn't bad for Zoro, all he had on is a jacket that's open, his haramaki, black pants and his boots. He had no shirt on or third layer like Sanji did but he does have his swords. It wasn't hard but he was also feeling it. He felt his face getting warm. He didn't know how long he could continue. They are going to have to take a break soon.

"Did you get us lost?" Zoro asks, a small bead of sweat going down his temple.

"I am not lost!" Sanji shouts but that is a bad idea. He pauses in his tracks to get his slight headache in check. He shouldn't have shouted, at least not that loud. 

"Well I'm not lost, I'm following you. You're in front of me." Zoro says. Sanji goes to the side to rest against a log or trunk, something. Zoro follows him wanting to take a break. There wasn't enough energy in him to argue with the other man.

Sanji goes through his backpack to get his water canteen. Zoro doing the same.

They take a really long break. Calming themselves down, getting hydrated. They even eat a snack, one that Sanji packed before hand.

When they got better, ready to continue and get back to the Sunny they stand up ready in silence. Both not talking, they just knew the other is feeling and thinking the same. As they continue down the path they had to pause at the sound of feet and bushes moving.

Sanji and Zoro looked ahead to see a pack of very large wolfs.