Learn

Sanji sat next to Zoro as he wait. The little doctor took a lot of blood from both of them. Spent the whole rest of the day and all night looking at it, even now. The blonde turned to see the little doctor still examining their blood.

The blonde didn't spend time thinking about it he just focused on Zoro. The other just lay there peacefully, sleeping. Sanji couldn't help himself and took in the man's features. From his large forehead, thin eyebrows, long and dark eyelashes, straight and slightly pointed nose, down to his kissable lips and his strong jaw line that Sanji wants to put his mouth all over. But the blonde wants to go further, he wants to go lower, sink his teeth in that wonderfully slim but muscled neck. The blonde grit his teeth remembering how those damn wolves got their teeth in first. He wish he could make them pay but he's not going to leave Zoro's side ever.

Not with how wonderful Zoro smells. Sanji could not get enough of his scent, taking deep breathes in. He smelled wild but homey, smelling like wood and rain but also smelling like honey and lavender. The blonde didn't know why but he felt drawn to it, he wanted to mix that scent with his own. Wants to be consumed by the smell and take over the smell.

"Sanji! We're back!" the blonde flinches as he hears his name being yelled. He growls, his nose touching Zoros. He sits up glaring as he turned to the door not wanting to be disturbed. He wanted to spend his break with Zoro before starting on lunch. And since everyone was out he didn't need to make snacks. He cursed Nami for calling him. Didn't know if they have good timing or bad.

He gets up along with Chopper and goes to the door that leads to the galley. He closes the door behind him so Zoro isn't disturbed by them. The two notice the others with groceries in their hand. Sanji and Zoro did not bring enough for all nine of them. Plus they had learned things from the villagers, that is one of the reasons they went out, for information and groceries.

"You're back." Chopper points out. Seeing the groceries he understood why they were out for so long

"Anything?" Robin asks the doctor. Sanji got close to put what they got away. He did notice the looks he got from the others. They looked sorry for him.

Chopper shook his head. "Nothing. I took so many blood samples to check but no matter how many times I checked nothing. No poison of any kind." the doctor looks down in shame. He feels like he's failed his friends. How can the blood be fine? It had to be something if they couldn't fight back. "How about you?" he asks sitting down at the table.

"We actually learned a lot." Nami says turning to Sanji who has his back towards them.

"Like?" Chopper wonders.

"Those flowers Sanji and Zoro got sprayed with are all over the island besides the village because they cause problems." Sanji rolls his eyes at that, he could have guess that. "And the villagers steer clear of them because they connect whoever gets sprayed by its pollen." Nami explains as she stare at the blonde, whose whole body flinched. Chopper sits up, since he couldn't find anything maybe the others have and it seems they have.

"What do you mean connect?" Chopper asks.

"Connect physically." Nami says thinking about how to explain it to Chopper and Sanji who she knows is listening, so they can understand when she barely does. She saw how Chopper didn't fully understand.

"Physically, like sexually. Sanji and Zoro will want to have sex with each other." Robin steps up to better explain.

"Why?" Chopper wonders. Sanji turns to them. Is that why he seems to crave the moss head? Of course he doesn't mind but that could be because of the pollen.

"It seemed to assign something the villagers called an extra gender." Robin tells further.

"Nothing seems different physical to either of them." Chopper mentions.

"It's not really physical. The villagers called it gender but it seems to be more like rank."

"Like military?"

"Animal. Like how wolves or other animals have ranks. How a leader of a pack is considered an alpha, beta, delta, omega. Like that."

"What does that have to with Sanji and Zoro wanting sex?" Usopp asks still not clear about that part.

"The rank Sanji and Zoro have given are alpha and omega, that are made to be with each other." Nami says.

"So is Zoro an alpha or omega?" Usopp asks. Robin shrugs her shoulder along with Nami.

"That's not clear. But it will happen to them. This change, the eyes and the reason they couldn't fight correctly had to do with their body changing for each other. The villagers stay away from going into the forest and stay within the barriers because they don't want to get hit with the flower and the wolves use the flowers to assign mates for the pack during mating season, they are very protected of them, the flowers, that could be why they attacked Zoro and Sanji, thought they would uproot the flowers. They also get very aggressive." Robin answers, taking a look at Sanji.

"So what do we-" Chopper starts before he gets interrupted by the door slamming open behind him and the blonde running into the counter then jumping over it. Zoro stood there with his light grey eyes, like Sanji they have gone cat like. Franky and Brook look to Sanji hearing him pur, the blonde very happy to see his mate on his feet and to be able to smell him again. Sanji licks his lips showing off some larger and pointier than they should be canines. The blonde moves first, rushing to the marimos side, they all watch as Sanji opens his arms and brings Zoro into a hug. Zoro stood still as stiff as a board with his hands to his side. After a few seconds he brings his arms up to hug his mate back.

When he woke up he was alone but he heard voices on the other side of the door. He couldn't think much since he woke up but he knew one thing, his mind telling him to go in the room. His body craving someone, the one person his haki is focused on in that moment. When he made eye contact with the blonde he felt better and his heart started to thumb but he felt calm, almost at ease contrary to his heart. He did notice the cooks eye but didn't question it, not that he had a chance to when the blonde wrapped his arms him. At first he was shocked until his mind caught up, this is the person he was craving. To have his surprisingly large arms wrap around him, and his natural musk of ocean and the calm breeze of spring. He felt protected.

Sanji moved his head so his nose is right in Zoro's sweat glands where he then took a deep sniff. Loud enough for everyone to hear him, to know what he's doing. He felt Zoro's whole body tremble at the action, even using his strength to pull the blonde closer, keeping him close.

"That's weird." Usopp says. The others nod, agreeing with him.