Last Connection

Sanji stands up when Chopper walks out of the infirmary.

"Is he okay?" Sanji asks worried. More than worried. He kept criticizing everything Chopper did so the young reindeer kicked him out, which made Sanji mad but he didn't stay mad to long. Even as he wait he paced back and forth, smoking cigarette after cigarette. He snapped at anyone, glaring and baring his teeth when someone tried to calm him down or try to get him to sit down. After a while they stopped trying and left him alone. "Chopper, is he okay?" Sanji grits his teeth, voice deep and threatening. The young reindeer just turns his head in defeat. The blondes eyes widen.

"He developed a bad fever. And he won't stop throwing up. I don't know why." Chopper explains, how can he call himself a doctor when he can't even help his friend.

"Is medicine not helping?" Robin asks curiously.

"I can't give him medicine if I can't figure out what illness he has." Chopper says.

"You'll figure it out Chopper." Luffy smiles down at the doctor.

"Can I see Zoro?" Sanji wonders. Chopper nods, getting consent Sanji sprints to the room.

"No smoking!" Chopper shouts after the blonde. The chef takes the cigarette out of his mouth and crushes it beneath his feet. He walks into the room to see Zoro lying on the infirmary bed, on his side at the edge of the bed, an IV attached to his arm as a bucket lay next to him on the floor, near his head. Zoro lay his hand on his stomach as his face scrunch in pain. Sanji goes to his side. As he gets to his knees Zoro's body contorts, he turns over to the bucket and retches again, and the contents are pink and bloody. Sanji growls, not liking seeing Zoro in this condition.

But there is nothing he could do but sit by Zoro's side as he tried to ride whatever sickness Zoro has. Chopper work around them as he tried to find what's going on. No one bothered to ask Sanji to cook. They know the blonde would be pissed off and angry. There was a slight fear that Sanji might poison them with his food. When it comes to Zoro Sanji abandons his personal creed to make sure he's safe, happy and together.

Two days passed and the whole time Zoro couldn't eat anything because he was to busy throwing up. When that finished Zoro lay down with a high fever. And Chopper had tried to give Zoro medicine for his fever but he threw it back up. He drank so much water to keep hydrated.

Sanji walks in to Chopper setting the rag back in the bowl filled with water. He just finished wiping the sweat off of Zoro's forehead. Seeing the blonde Zoro sits up. Sanji smiles at Zoro as he walks towards him with a tray of soup. Sanji goes to sit down with Zoro. He set the tray on the swordsman lap.

"Feeling better?" Sanji asks.

"Just really hot and sluggish." Zoro answers. Sanji nods. Zoro looks tired having spent two days throwing up. Sanji looks at the doctor.

"Is he going to be okay?" Sanji asks. Chopper looks to the blonde with a smile.

"He's going to be fine. His fever is going down and I think I know why this is happening." Chopper says moving around the room.

"Why?" Zoro and Sanji turning around to the small doctor.

"You both are dating right?" Chopper asks looking to the couple. Sanji looks at Zoro who looks back at him.

They turn back to Chopper, Sanji answering for them, allowing Zoro to eat, "Yes we are." Chopper smiles. With a nod he smiles, he goes to sit at his desk.

"Zoro isn't sick." Chopper announces, Zoro stops to look at him. Sanji looks as shocked. Chopper continues, "it's his omega side. You both are bonded, those bite marks on you that haven't healed it your master marks to each other. You both will never be able to be with someone else." Chopper looks at them sadly.

"So?" Zoro asks. Sanji smiles.

"Zoro's body is changing and so has Sanji's. That rut, the knot, Sanji got and stuck you to each other is to make sure Sanji as an alpha gets his omega, Zoro, pregnant." Chopper continues. He looks at them worried. The couple sit still, frozen by the news.

"What?" Sanji asks first.

"What do you mean I could get pregnant?" Zoro asks seriously. He has lost his appetite.

"Your fever and throwing up was your body making room for a uterus. Once you are all done and healed you will be able to get pregnant by Sanji." the doctor says, Sanji looks at Zoro who continue to stare at the young reindeer. "I've been meaning to talk about this since I just learned that you both will be going through a monthly heat and rut."

"Did this happen because of the bite marks?" Sanji wonders, now looking at the doctor.

"Yes, you both are connected mind, body and soul. Zoro will go through heats, which will make him really horny and needy for you, while you will go through rut which will also make you horny and needy for Zoro. During your rut you will form a knot which will keep your dick inside to ensure you impregnate Zoro." Chopper explains. Zoro and Sanji continue to look at the reindeer.

"The pollen did this right?" Zoro asks, to make sure.

"Yes, and now that you both are romantically involved you both are going along with the pollen progression. You both biting each other is considered mating. Of course there's the emotional aspect of it. Before, it was just your bodies that were connected, but when you both made up and started dating that was the mind part being connected. With both mind and body together, it somehow made you go to the next step: develop a know and uterus. You now can have children, as many as you want. Of course we will now have to talk about you both being safe so Zoro doesn't accidentally get pregnant but that could wait until Zoro is fully healed." Chopper gives them a smile, getting off the chair and walking out to give them some privacy. He dropped a large ball on them. They need to talk.

"You should eat." Sanji tells the swordsman who look too stunned to say anything. Silently Zoro grabs the spoon and starts eating. Sanji watches as he eats some before talking in case they end up arguing and Zoro sends him away with the tray of food. "Are you upset? About being able to get pregnant?" Sanji wonders because he's not sure how to react to the news.

Zoro stays quiet as he eats. After having enough Zoro looks at Sanji, blue eye meeting grey. Zoro shrugs his shoulder with a grunt. Sanji rolls his eye.

"Really nothing to say?" Sanji wonders.

"It should be fine if we're safe right. We already had to make plans around our weekly sessions now it's once a month. And it's still a choice we made." Zoro says to the blonde.

"It doesn't bother you, about the whole heat and getting pregnant thing?"

"No, the grandline is weird." Zoro answers eating his lukewarm soup.

Sanji gets comfortable. Letting Zoro eat he sits in silence. Guess that's all there is to it.