Eyes

"What do you mean my eye?" Sanji asks confused. The blonde looks around the room, he doesn't have any mirrors in the kitchen, he should have one in his locker. Sanji stands up thinking about going to get it, he stops when a boney hand with a hand mirror in it appears before him. He takes it and looks up at Brook, "thanks," he mutters. He sits back down then looks himself in the eye. "Woah!" he shouts. "What happened to my eye?" he asks now understanding what they are talking about and why they were freaking out.

His eye became a few shades lighter with his pupil replaced with a slit. It's very cat like, both the color and the way it looks. Curious Sanji raises his other hand to move his bangs that cover his right eye, the others sitting up and leaning to the side to see Sanji's face fully. They've never seen his face without his bangs in the way. He blinks at himself in the mirror to see both eyes are the same. What happened? Why are they like that? This makes no sense. No, wait it does. The blonde puts both his hands down, the others sitting down. It's that damn flowers fault, all of it is that flowers fault, the reason his eyes are like this, why he wants to be next to Zoro so bad and why they got their asses kicked by wolves. They got their asses kicked. Both of them. That means Zoro must be feeling the same as him, if he were to be awake.

"Sanji!" the blonde is shaken and looks over to see the doctor next to him shaking his shoulder in his human form. He looked worried.

"What?" Sanji asks, snippy, upset about getting his ass handed by a bunch of animals. 

"Are you okay?" he asks.

Sanji nods his head. "Yeah, I was just remembering what happened." The blonde answers, rage a little calm, he shouldn't take it out on their doctor. 

"And what happened?" Chopper asks. They still had no idea what happened.

"Right, Zoro and I were gathering things when we came across a flower, it sprayed us with its pollen." Sanji moves the collar on his t-shirt, suddenly feeling very warm. Did it just get hot? Sanji swallows before he finishes, "after we started heading back but it seemed we were farther than I thought cause we took a break. Then as we were going to leave again we got surrounded by wolves. The pollen must have made us sick because we couldn't fight the wolves off. We got cornered at the edge of the cliff where we fell. Zoro woke up first and started to drag us away to safety but the wolves didn't stop. Not until one of the wolves got Zoro down. Then they sniffed us and left. I build a fire then passed out, where you must have found us." Sanji explains. His hands clenching onto the fabric of his sweatpants. He didn't want to tell them, it made both the blonde and the marimo seem weak. But the blonde knew he had to tell them, even if Zoro would hate it, even if he hated it.

Nami looked down with a sigh. She gave a look to the others. She clears her throat to get the blondes attention. "Sorry Sanji." she says, even looked very guilty. So did the others.

"For what?" Sanji asks tilting his head. They weren't there, how could she apologize for something she had no part in?

"We found a village." Luffy says. Sanji looks at them shocked, he thought this island had no people to call it home.

"After you and Zoro left Luffy ran off in the middle of us setting up so we ran after him. He found the village." Nami explains looking away.

"What about it?" again Sanji asks, curious to why they all look like it's their fault.

"The villagers warned us about how the forest is dangerous and shouldn't have gone in." Nami says remembering the look on their faces when saying how dangerous it is and to not go into the forest and stay near the shore.

"After we heard that we came back to tell everyone and you but it seemed you didn't take a den den with you." Robin explains further after getting nudged by Usopp to talk. Knowing the cook he won't get mad if the woman told him. "Then we discussed what to do and how to find you. Nami for navigation, me to fight, Usopp for range attacks and Chopper as the doctor and to sniff you both out." she explains. Sanji nods. Of course they couldn't just jump into the forest that is dangerous, that is something only Luffy and Zoro would do. They had to be smart about it.

"Sorry." Nami says, the others nod as they bow their head. Sanji shakes his head.

"It's no ones fault, I'm sure Zoro would say the same." Sanji tells them his honest feelings. He's not angry with anyone, not even Zoro. Sanji can't be angry with him. He might call the man an idiot but anyone one of them would have been close to that flower ready to pick it so Chopper can examine it. If the roles were reversed and the blonde found the flower he would have picked it immediately, maybe even sniffed it, to see if it could be used as a spice or herb. If not for food maybe even a garnish to decorate food, snacks or dessert for the ladies. It could have been worse, who knows. "We are fine now, right?" Sanji looks at them with a smile. He saw them smile back and express their relief at not being blamed. How could they when the two didn't think to bring a transponder snail. The blonde had to admit he underestimated the island.

"Maybe not. I would like you back in the infirmary, I need to do the blood check on you and Zoro. Since you were both sprayed by the pollen." Chopper says in his doctor mode.

"After I clean the dishes." Sanji nods getting up to collect the empty dishes, how he likes it.

"No now." Chopper says sternly, a frown on his face pointed at the blonde. He is serious and he's not going to back down.

"We could do the dishes." Usopp volunteers, getting up and taking the few dishes from out of the blondes hand. Brook stands up and joins in gathering the empty plates. Sanji follows the little reindeer with a frown, he could have done it himself, but as he entered the infirmary and Zoros smell smacked his nostrils he began to calm, welcoming the excuse to be here. The blonde didn't think twice about sitting next to where Zoro lay. When Chopper turned from closing the door he blinked as he saw the blonde sitting happily next to Zoro. The air around the blonde pink with flowers. The doctor found it weird but chose to not think about it, it may just be in his head. For now he'll think about the blood work test. That's more important than Sanji's weird behavior.

"I'll get some blood samples from both you and Zoro. When we got you both back I just patched you up, you had lost a lot of blood, and were bitten in a lot of places." That's why he didn't check their blood, he hadn't seen any reason to check their blood but now that he knew about the pollen he's going to be very diligent.