A Frozen Lake

Sanji scrunches his face as he rubs his face into the warmth, his arms hugging said warmth. His arms pulling the warmth closer. He tries to go to sleep but instead he wakes up more, his mind more clear and aware. He becomes aware of a hand on the back of his head, the legs wrapped around his torso. He begins to smile as he blinks awake. His eyes come face to face with wool. He looks up to see Zoro still sleeping.

It happened again. It's not shocking anymore to wake up holding Zoro close to himself. Though, the position is different, he's still holding Zoro close to himself. A week has past already since they have been stranded on this island, a little less since they have been sleeping close with each other. Zoro continue to sleep oblivious to Sanji holding him. The blonde held him with his face in the swordsman chest, arms wrapped around the torso. While Zoro lay with one arm stretched out, and the other arm held close with his hand holding the back of the blonde head, fingers threading into the blonde strands of hair. Zoro's legs are wrapped around the blondes waist.

With a smile still on his face Sanji moves to get out of Zoro's gentle hold. He's slightly jealous that Chopper can go into that hold any time he wants. He wishes Zoro and he are that close, it doesn't seem to be a far dream, not with them getting closer everyday. They have gotten closer in this week than they were two weeks ago. They still call each other by their nicknames but with fondness rather than anger or spite.

Now he wants to apologize to Zoro for a different reason. He's been really wrong about Zoro but he knows that's one apology Zoro won't take. They are both wrong about each other. But they are both learning, so it's fine.

Sanji turns around with pancakes, he smiles when he spots Zoro sitting at the table, changed and ready for the day. Zoro lets out a large yawn as Sanji sets down both of their plates. Today Zoro deserves a break from doing chores. Last night a calf was born, it would seem one of the bulls got a cow pregnant so Zoro took the role of being doctor and dulla. Sanji didn't know until Zoro didn't come in for dinner. Even all week they've been gathering and planting for however long they will be here. They are both over worked, from making candles, and soaps, to making flour. They have both been doing a lot around there but it's made living there comfortable. A little. There are many things they don't know how to do like sheer wool to make clothes and blankets. They know the basics that's all. It's surprising Zoro helped the cow successfully.

"You can rest today." Sanji says to Zoro who walk to the door. Zoro shakes his head.

"I want to check on the calf and cut some more firewood, and then plant the seeds." Zoro answers before leaving. Sanji continues to clean the kitchen. That's a good idea, they need to make sure this island has plenty of resources not just for them but for the next person or people.

When he's done with that he continues the making of soaps and candles. He and Zoro were doing that together but Zoro figured they'd get more done if he did something else. Sanji stops when he's made enough. Seeing he's still got time the blonde puts the candle away in storage, also taking note of the horde of fire wood Zoro collected. They'll be fine for a while. Sanji goes back inside to make their lunch.

When Sanji turns he finds the table empty. He looks around with a frown. Where is the marimo? He knows when Sanji serves lunch and usually, for the past week Zoro is sitting there at the table waiting for Sanji to finish so they can eat.

Sanji gets his shoes on, making sure nothing will burn when he's away. He searches through the green house, the farm, the orchard and the barn but nothing. Zoro isn't there. And they couldn't have past each other it's a straight path. Did Zoro for some reason go outside and off the path? He did get wood. Now it doesn't explain where he is. They don't need anymore wood. Sanji takes a deep breath and closes his eyes. Using his haki he feels for Zoro, he opens them a second later.