Welcome The Darkness

Of course Sanji left. Things would have been bad if he didn't, especially since Bege shot Pekoms. The ladies and Chopper were with him. He would have gone anyway, even if they weren't with him. He didn't want to cause anyone trouble. Hope they understood that. He knows Nami and Robin will understand, they were once in his position.

Plus it got him away from Zoro and their situation. He wanted to not think about it. Maybe this marriage will help. Would this break his and Zoro's connection? Won't know till he tries. And it can't all be bad. It's a marriage agreed by both parties. Of course Sanji still has his questions but for now it's best if he just goes along with what his "father" says. 

And he has, for the most part. 

When he got to Totto land he is given a picture of Pudding and it's love at first sight. She's breathtaking beautiful and her eyes look kind. He didn't pay attention to what Vito, one of Bege's men, is telling him. Something about Germa 66, but he doesn't care about any of that. Not when he's looking at a picture of his future wife. They will be happy together, he knows it. 

Behind the Whole Cake Chateau are several Germa ships docked together to form the mobile Germa Kingdom. He meet up with his "family" in new clothes provided for him. He was willing to do some things they wanted but not everything. So he ended up fighting Yonji. Reiji talked to him about why he doesn't accept the new lifestyle but Sanji found he couldn't, he felt disgusted by the way his family lived.

After years of not seeing his father he saw him again, of course he treated him coldly. Why should he be happy? He left behind his crew for this man. Not that he really had a choice. Of course with this family it ended up in a fight. Sanji happily fought back wanting to show his power. But he didn't win. It felt unfair but a loss is a loss. 

Sanji almost smacked himself. Just then he imagined Zoro in front of him, with his arms crossed over his chest looking at him telling him that a loss is a loss. Then he says to the blonde that he should train more. That made him want to smile. He didn't have time to train with cooking meals, and the snacks for inbetween, some meals take hours to make, and he has to keep Luffy away most of the time. That's his training. 

It didn't make sense on why he would imagine that. Zoro would never do that, would never say that. The real Zoro would have made fun of him for losing then brag about how he could win. That is what would have happened. But still, Zoro might have helped him get to Chopper to get his wounds checked, hovering around to make sure Sanji is fine. Zoro does that with everyone though, making sure the crew is safe. 

Reiju helped him with his wounds. They didn't say much as his mind was reeling with his fantasy of Zoro, when he should be fantasizing about Pudding and what Judge had told him. That he was no longer considered his son, though, Sanji thought that happened a long time ago. And the only reason he's in the arranged marriage and not his brothers is because Judge thinks Big Mom is a psychopath. On his wrists Reiju put exploding cuff, that would explode if he tried to run away. But Sanji didn't think about doing that once. 

In the morning his two other brothers finally arrive and they have a meal together as a family which made Sanji smile on the inside. They were nothing like a family. Of course meals are his things, so the food was good, of course his brother didn't think so. Niji threw his plate at the chef, Cosette, which broke two of Sanji's rules. Never waste food and never harm a lady. 

Sanji didn't think much. He didn't know how long it's been since he left but it started to happen again. After breakfast he started to feel bad, not sick but his mind wasn't there and his body felt heavy. So when Yonji took Sanji to a laboratory where Germa grows clones he wasn't fully there, and when Niji and Ichiji confronted him he of course attacked Niji but was overpowered. 

Reiju found Sanji so she took him to fix his face for they will be having lunch with Pudding and Big Mom. This brought him back. Finally he'll fully get to meet his wife. He was a little excited, though he should have been warned. If his father, who experimented on his own kids, thought Big Mom is a psychopath then what does that say about her? He told Reiju a little about how Zeff had raised him. Then they left for the banquet at the Whole Cake Chateau. 

As they crossed a clearing Sanji again imagined Luffy coming to take him. It would seem his mind has come to terms with his situation while his heart hasn't. 

The picture of Pudding didn't do her justice. As they ate his eyes would find her but then turning away. He found her very beautiful but his body didn't want her, it wanted a certain green haired swordsman. He started to compare the two. 

First, Pudding is a woman. Of course he'd go to her.

Second, she is beautiful, with her curves, her breasts, her face. Sure Zoro isn't an ugly guy, but he doesn't have curves. Or does he? His hips aren't small like they were before, he gotten meat on his bones now that he's got a healthier and regular diet. Zoro's back does curve nicely, and his waist and hips aren't thin. Sure they aren't dramatically curved like a woman's but they do curve. If he were to compare Zoro's body to anything it would be gods, Robin always has books around and once he opened one to see it's of sculptures, many of the gods in there have a similar phasic of Zoro. The swordsman also has good proportions in both his body and face. 

Sanji knows Zoro can be kind, he's like that with Usopp and Chopper. Mostly Luffy, they have a special bond that not even he could come in between. Not that he wants to have that relationship with Zoro.

Wait, he was comparing Zoro to Pudding. He should be listing the things that are great about Pudding, not Zoro but he doesn't know Pudding enough to know. 

He met Pudding in private. She was sweet enough to console him about his feelings. How he kind of missed his crew, how he didn't like his family. She is kind, just like he thought. He thinks he will be happy with her. And that is something he can be thankful for. He decides to get married to her soon. Hopefully the next day. 

Happy about the development in their relationship he makes his fiance a meal. When he finished he realized that he made a rather boyish bento, it looked more like something for pirates than for his future wife. Still, he packs it in a basket and takes it to Pudding. He took a lot longer than he thought because on his way he had to deal with headaches and muscle pain. His body is starting to move without him telling it too. It's happening again, but this was a lot worse than before. Zoro not being here might be helping him not give in. If he could last a day or two more, until the wedding to have this connection server then it will all be good. When he finally got to her door he couldn't get in. Being the casanova that he is quickly decided to go to her window. How romantic can that be? He could begin to picture her swooning over him. 

But it was all a lie. He overheard her plan. He felt hurt. Not only did she hurt Reiju, who by his standards is his favorite sibling but considering where the bar is low isn't saying much. He talks to Reiju who sat in the infirmary, to see if she's fine. He tells her what he overheard about Puddings plan and to his surprise she believes him, which made him smile and remember his bento he made. With no one to give it to he gives it to her to eat. He would have eaten it himself but he wasn't hungry. While she ate she told Sanji about their mother, about why he's a "failure," how their mom didn't want Judge to take away their emotion but he did it anyway so she took drugs in order to reverse it, the drugs weakening her body till she died. The drug only worked on Sanji so she asked the blonde to continue to live as the family's failure, as Germa's failure. 

Sanji's mind spiraled. His mom died for him so he'll be who he is but that didn't help lessen the pain. So many things happened. First, he and Zoro get connected. Second, his father wants him back and not for a happy reunion but because he wants to use Sanji, cause he's expendable. And third, but last is that the people he's being thrown to by his father are equally as bad if not worse than his family. What else could go worse?

He felt the darkness consume him and he let it. Didn't fight back like he was an hour before, like a minute before. He didn't want to deal with anything anymore. The only happiness he had at the moment was knowing he was born what his mom wanted. 

The darkness felt safer than the real world at the moment. With Zoro nowhere near, how long will he be in the darkness?