Darkness

Sanji couldn't be mad. He tried to be, at Zoro, getting mad that he, of all people hit the ladies. All because of Zoro, but he couldn't. His body wouldn't let him rage and shout at Zoro even though he wanted to. Usopp and Luffy stopped him from barging in at Zoro who still slept. After he calmed down he realized he wasn't mad at Zoro. He's more mad at himself. Zoro just so happen to be the first person to pop into his head.

He sat on a chair, smoking as he waits, thinking about what to cook for dinner for everyone. He just can't think straight. He doesn't know why. When he closes his eyes to think about every recipe he has so he plan it all he can see is Zoro. It's almost like he has Robin's devil fruit. He can see Zoro exercising but not fully. He knows it's his haki sensing Zoro but it feels like more. He swears he can hear Zoro breathing, see the sweat rolling down his body.

Sanji opens his eyes, seeing smoke rise in the air then disappear. Yup, he's still in the galley. That hasn't changed. Sanji takes a breath. Maybe he should go outside for some fresh air.

With his hand on the doorknob his heart jumps in his chest at Zoro's voice over the speaker. "Marines!" Zoro shouts. Sanji throws open the door and steps out. He joins the others  on deck, seeing two marine ships coming towards them from the right.

Sanji bites his lips, trying to will his body to not turn to look at Zoro as the man lands on his feet from the crows nest. He's tried not to interact with the marimo too much. They don't speak at all, and Sanji tries very hard to not even look at Zoro. His body tries to betray him, but he won't let it, his body does pick up the small things, like the small clatter Zoro's swords make when he's attaching them to his hips. Or the small breath Zoro makes having run out of breath from his workout. Or the distinct smell Zoro has after his workout, the mix of his natural scent and his sweat. He wants so bad to turn around but he wont. They have to focus on the marines.

The ships are big so there will be many marines to fight. Since there are two ships the group will be separated into three groups. One to protect Sunny while the other two groups fight. One group per ship. Sanji deep down wanted to be paired up with Zoro. But shook his head from that thought. He's been doing well for a week, he's not going to ruin it now.

"Alrighty!" Franky yells running towards the helm, following Namis orders to steer the ship closer to get the fight over and done with. Already signed groups. Luffy and Zoro, go to one ship while Brock and Sanji go to the other, Robin and Usopp will assist from afar while Nami, Chopper and Franky stay and protect the Sunny. It's an easy enough fight.

When Sunny gets close enough both groups run towards the railing, jumping over. Luffy launches himself across, Zoro and Sanji jumped across the sky, while Brook ran across the water. Robin and Usopp sat in the crows nest watching from afar, eyes on everyone. Nami stood with Chopper watching the sea and sky for any change and Franky made sure Sunny stood still.

Sanji kicked one marine in the gut while swiftly moving to smash the head of another marine into the floor. They must have been number sixty seven and sixty eight. Counting is what's keeping him sane. If he doesn't count then he could feel his mind begin to fade into black. He doesn't know why but if he faints it feels like it will be bad so he's counting. He saw Brook walking by him, he's doing some damage to not only the number of marines but also the ship, of course it doesn't compare to what Luffy and Zoro are doing to the other ship. Just then they hear a loud explosion that didn't come from them. Brook and Sanji stop to take a quick look at the ship the other two are on. Like they thought smoke came out from some holes on the deck and a room on the top floor.

Sanji's eyes quickly find Zoro. To his defense it's very hard to ignore the man with bright green hair. To not see him. How could he not when Zoro fought shirtless? Only wore his pants. He's not wearing any shoes either. Why? From his spot on the ship, Sanji could clearly see Zoro from almost two meters across the ocean where the other ship sailed. Sanji got closer to the railing, Brook went back to fight. There's something about Zoro he couldn't clearly see with all his moving around, whatever it is Zoro didn't seem normal. 

Zoro fell to his knees, using his katana to hold himself up. Sanji grip onto the railing worried. He could see it now, Zoro in clear view he can see how pink the marimos face is, he even looked more tired than he should. This should be a piece of of cake. But Zoro looked at his limit. Even his eyes seemed glossy. Sanji saw the pink not just on Zoro's face but his shoulders too, a little on his chest, and the tips of his ears. Was Zoro sick? Again? He must not have told Chopper. Zoro forces himself to stand and fight the man charging at him.

Right they are both in the middle of a fight. Sanji turns to focus himself. They have a fight to win then he can worry about Zoro.

Sanji pauses in his run towards some group of marines. Sanji tips his head towards the sky. The tip of his nose twitching as he smell the air. Gunpowder and blood filled the air, overpowering the natural smell of the ocean. His nose filtered out the unimportant smells and locked onto one smell in particular, the smell of Zoro's blood.

His mind slowly turned black. Everything around him got brighter, his gums started to sting and his hearing got clearer. Even though he couldn't hear the sound of Zoro's heart beating or breathing he listened. He felt furry, anger well deep inside of him at the thought of his mate hurt. And only one way can help him calm down. He needs to get his anger out and what better way than to take it out on the annoying marines.

Sanji charged at the marines, they took a look at Sanji and regretting their decisions then looked at him surprised. He didn't look right. First he was nothing like his poster and he didn't look human but no one mentioned him ever eating a devil fruit of any kind.

What is going on with the blonde?

Brook only watched curiously as Sanji got ruthless with the few remaining marines. This is nothing like how he usually is.

Robin and Usopp also watched from their spot in the crows nest. They looked at each other then focused. Sadly they couldn't see Luffy and Zoro from all that smoke they caused from the fire.

They do know something happened. But what?