Family Reunion

Sanji walks into his and Zoro's room. He's finished cleaning and setting up for the next day, he's even taken his shower and is ready to sleep. He finds Zoro laying on the bed, on his side as he stare at the babies bassinet. They never took it out of the room. 

"You're staring again." Sanji tells the man as he moves forward onto his side of the bed. Sanji lays on his back, both hands resting on his stomach. Sanji plays with his wedding band. He knows leaving the kids with Zeff broke Zoro the most but it had to be done. For them to be safe. He hopes all four know that. 

"I know. I miss them." Zoro says, curling more, hands holding onto the pillow more. Sanji moves to spoon Zoro. 

"We'll see them. With Luffy now being the Pirate King we just have to finish the mess and we'll head straight to them. The other are excited to see them too." Sanji tells the man. Nose rubbing against Zoro's bite mark, his mate mark. 

"How are they?" Zoro asks.

"What do you mean?" Sanji asks back pulling away from Zoro.

Zoro lets out a chuckle. "You don't think I know you told Reiju so she can secretly check on them?" Zoro tells him, twisting his body to look at the blond. 

"I thought I was good at hiding that." Sanji smiles. "She told me they are fine the last time I asked." Sanji says resting his head close to Zoro's.

"I want to hold them in my arms now." Zoro says. 

"We're almost there." Sanji kisses Zoro's mate mark, the omega humming. 

They can see their babies again. They can't wait but they have to be patient. 

***

Koushirou smiled down at the young child swinging his feet over the engawa. "There's snacks if any of you want some!" the old man shouts for the other three to hear. He sits down next to the boy, bright yellow hair and bright blue eyes. "Is something wrong Eugene?" He asks handing over a rice ball. Silently Eugene takes it into his small hands. 

"Mom and dad. Do they really love us?" He asks seriously. Koushirou smiles. Again with this question. All four of them have asked the same question once, at different times. 

"Why do you think they don't?" He asks. 

"They left us. And you say they'll be back but when?" Eugene asks looking at the old man who has raised him four of the five years he's been alive. Those blue eyes hold sadness in them. And he knows it must have been hard for them to be without either parents, but they are always hearing bad things about them and them not being here must not help with their image. 

"You all know why they left you with Zeff and I. It's dangerous for you all to be at sea with them."

"But why?" He asks, a small grain of rice on his cheek.

"They can't fight and protect all four of you at the same time. A little after you were born your parents and uncles got into a fight with the marines, then you all started crying. Zoro went to protect you all, to take care of you and stop you from crying. Your father went in to protect not only Zoro but you too and ended up getting really hurt. They didn't want to risk you being hurt either. It was all for you safety." He explains. The other three taking their own rice ball to eat. 

"What was mom and dad like?" Kentaro asks. While Eugene is blonde with blue eyes, Kentaro has green hair with blue eyes. He looks almost like Zoro did when he was younger. Koushirou can't help but think Eugene might look like his father but considering he's never meet their father before he can't say for sure. 

"I have never met your father before but Zoro was very strong and determined. He trained like crazy to be strong and he never gave up even when he lost a thousand times."