Dangerously Cold

Despair.

That's what Sanji felt when he saw Zoro fall.

This isn't a normal iced lake. He tries to come up with a way to get Zoro out of there. His mind work faster than ever to come up with a solution. But he couldn't so all he did is shout "ZORO!" at the top of his lungs. He steps to the edge of the frozen lake, if he doesn't get to Zoro and the hole it will close and freeze over, he can't let that happen. The ice needs to melt. But how can he do that?

He's a damn idiot, why didn't he think about that before? As long as he doesn't touch the ice he should be fine.

Using his skywalk he hops over to the hole that seems to be already freezing close. Sanji hopped on one foot to the other as he hovered over the hole by an inch. He has to make sure the hole doesn't freeze so he ignites his legs: Diable Jambe. Letting it go as hot as he can take it with armament haki. As quick as he can he kicks the edges of the hole to keep it open. Sanji has to buy Zoro some time to pop up.

For what seems like forever there is no movement until Zoro breaches the water, taking a deep breath of air into his lungs. Sanji helps Zoro out grabbing onto his hand, gritting his teeth at how cold Zoro is. He's frozen, his lips are blue, even his tan skin seems more blue than tan. Sanji holds Zoro close who seems to be in shock, holding the blonde close as he shiver hard, shaking harder than a leaf.

"J-jump a-a-away." Zoro says as his teeth clatter. Not questioning him, Sanji jumps back in time for a large whale sized creature to break through the ice, it has the body of a large whale, almost shark looking too, the mouth opened as a circle with layer upon layer of teeth that looked like it could spin. It look beat up around the mouth. Zoro must have done that. It lets out a more mechanical sounding roar, eying Zoro before falling down breaking the ice more. Sanji stare as the edges of the water as it slowly but quickly froze over again.

What was that? It was smaller than a sea king but larger than those banana alligators they've seen. Sanji jumps back onto the snow, on land as the creature jumps to get them then falls down back into the water. He looks over a Zoro to see him slowly closing his eyes as his body shook. Sanji quickly grabs Zoro's swords and tying them to the swordsman hip again. Then grabbing Zoro to carry him back to the hut.

"Zoro!" Sanji shouts. "Zoro," he calls again when he doesn't get a response. "Stay awake. I'll get you to the hut to warm you up." Sanji says, the blonde feels like he can cry. Having Chopper right now would be so helpful, so he knows what to do so he can help Zoro. So far he knows he should warm Zoro up. That seems the most obvious.

When he spots the hut Sanji smiles relieved. With home so close Sanji runs them both indoor. As fast as he can he takes his shoes off, he sees Zoro moving slow to take his shoes off. At least he's awake and moving. Sanji helps Zoro out of his shoes. He moves Zoro to the room, stripping him of his clothes and into something warm and not wet. He tucks Zoro into their futon letting him warm up. Sanji makes his way to the kitchen to warm up the meal he made them. As Sanji cook he groans at the pain on his hand. He looks down to see on his knuckles a freeze burn. While he was carrying Zoro and the monster went into the water the splash must have gotten onto to him. If he got freeze burn that means the water is more cold than normal, than anything they've ever witness. It's not shocking, it is the grandline. Should have known this island comes with a catch.

When the food is warmed up he gets Zoro to sit at the table wrapped in blankets. Sanji helps Zoro eat as he also ate, the swordsman still shivered. Sanji took care of his hand, taking care of the freezer burn.

After their meal is done Sanji moves Zoro so he can lay and warm up. Sanji then goes around to set some firewood to warm up the water and heat the hut. Sanji runs around trying to make sure things are ready and good to use. When he knows he's got everything done he goes to Zoro.