Bloom

Sanji woke up on his bed. It's not odd to wake up in bed, but it is when the last thing he remembers is he and Zoro being attacked by wolves and failing at fighting back. The last thing he remembers is Zoro being bit by a wolf on the neck, and making a fire for them. It was all mostly blurry and fuzzy but he remembered mostly of what happened. He got up and looked down to see his body is bandaged up. He knew these bandages, they are Choppers special bandages. Sanji moves more, groaning in the process. His body ached everywhere but it wasn't as bad as before. His bandage looked new, so the little reindeer must have just changed him. It was going to be slow but he can move, so the blonde makes his way off his bunk bed, going to his locker to get some casual clothes on, with his bandages on he already is stiff so wearing a suit would make moving unbearable so he decides to go casual.

He changed his suit pants into sweats, got on a loose shirt, with some difficulty but he got them on. He walks over to the door but stops before he opens it. He stares at the wall besides the door. A calendar stuck to the wall. Two days have past. He wasn't able to cook for them. Well he's going to have to apologize to everyone for that, what type of chef is he if he can't do his job? He walks out expecting everyone to be out on deck doing whatever they normally do. But no one was out. He closes his eyes using haki to try and feel for the others presence. He opened his eyes shocked it's not working. He can't feel anyone, not even the animals, the birds that flew overhead. He felt only one, it was not only strong but clear who it is.

Sanji makes his was to the galley, walking past the empty kitchen table to the infirmary. He felt Zoro's presence, but it felt like his presence was searching for someone, for him. He opens the door and sees Chopper working at his desk, he didn't sense the little reindeer. He looked over to Zoro whose head and neck are wrapped in bandages. Sanji took a deep breath in and is hit with a very delicious smell. He knew it came from Zoro because he turned his head to Chopper but his nose followed to Zoro's sleeping form. The blonde covered his nose. "What happened?" the chef asks. The small doctor wasn't shocked by the blondes presence, he could also smell the blonde.

"You don't remember?" the doctor asks focused on the paperwork in front of him.

"No I mean, how bad is it?" Sanji asks looking at Zoro.

"You got off better than Zoro did but still got some fatal wounds."

"The marimo, how bad is it?"

"Zoro has bite marks all over his body, including his neck. A head wound caused by falling from a very tall height. He's going to be resting a little longer than you did." Chopper answers.

"So he's fine?" Sanji lets out a breath of relief. Chopper stops, hearing Sanji sound worried for Zoro. The blonde always shows he's worried for the swordsman but in his covert way. He never says it outloud. "I'll make something for us to snack on." Sanji says shocked by what he said, it came out before he can catch it on his tongue. He leaves the reindeer staring at the closed door.

Sanji grinned his teeth. He didn't know why but for some reason he missed Zoro scent and didn't like not being with him. Sanji fought with himself to stay in place and cook, to occupy his mind and hands. As he finished cooking a thought came into his mind. Where did the others go? Looking up out the porthole to see that they have moved to a different area, it is still the same island.

He should have asked Chopper but he just couldn't focus with Zoro there on the hospital bed. He just wants to get into bed with Zoro and stuff his nose into the other man's neck. He wanted to be with Zoro until he wakes up. The others be damned, he shouldn't be thinking that, he's the chef of the strawhat's he shouldn't be thinking like that. He shakes his head to get rid of those thoughts.

As he finished setting the table he heard the door opening. To guilty to look at them he focused on serving them. With his back towards them he says, "dinner is almost done." He says, all eyes snapping to him. 

"You're up."

"That's good to see."

"You have to tell us what happened to you and Zoro." Sanji felt his heart skip a beat at the mention of Zoro's name.

"Maybe after lunch." Sanji smiles.

"Is Chopper with Zoro?" Robin asks. Sanji nods. He must not have gotten any sleep since the little doctor has been taking care of them.

"Well, Chopper is with him, he'll be fine." Brook says. They all nod. They believe in Chopper.

Quickly Sanji served the ladies then set the food down for the others. The boys all dig in, putting food on the their plate. Sanji goes into the kitchen and makes Chopper a plate. When he was done he goes to the infirmary, setting the plate down then leaving, not wanting to stay in the room longer than necessary, worried about what would happen if he did.

He goes back to the kitchen smiling as he cleaned a little before making himself a plate. It's nice as he listens to his crew happily eating and talking amongst themselves. It had been two days but it felt like a year since he had this. But now he couldn't help but think about what happened to him and Zoro. How they couldn't fight a pack of wolves. There had to be a reason so he'll have to ask Chopper about it. Maybe they got sick?

Sanji almost laughed at that thought. Sanji and Zoro don't get sick. The blonde takes his seat and starts eating. As he does he takes mental notes on how his own meal tastes.

"Sanji, do you need any supplies?"

"I'll have to check." he answers.

"AHH!" Nami screams, then covers her mouth. "Sanji are you okay?" she asks as the others look at her then the blonde. Sanji raises his curly eyebrow.

"I'm fine." he says. Besides what happened to him and Zoro, or the fact that he really wants to be with Zoro at the moment, everything is good.

"Chopper! Come out of here!" Nami yells.

"Chopper!" Usopp shouts. The doctor finally came out with his plate of food.

"What's wrong?" he asks.

"There's something wrong with Sanji." Nami and everyone points to the blonde. Chopper turns his head to look at the chef. He jumps back and squeaks.

"What happened to your eye?" the reindeer asks.

Now Sanji is really confused.