Feelings

Everyone can tell something changed with Sanji. Now he felt better, the past he never thought would catch up to him is resolved and out in the open. There is nothing for him to hide. Now it caused some jokes for Usopp, jokes that piss him off, even more when he catches Zoro snickering in his corner.

Everyone is glad to see that Zoro is okay. His body just shut down, from not resting enough, after getting fucked hard by Sanji, he didn't rest enough then goes into a fight that lasted hours, Zoro's body forced him to take a break and rest. Not that he was the only one. Everyone took a long sleep that night. Sadly not everyone can rest. Franky had to take care of Sunny who sustained a tirade of damage that needs fixing, Chopper had people other than Zoro who need looking after. And lastly Sanji who had to fill everyone's belly.

But Sanji has an extra problem. He has been feeling it since he woke up next to Zoro, he wanted to get closer to the man. Talk to him but didn't know why. At first he reasoned that he was feeling that way because of the situation. Surrounded by his abusive family, about to marry into another abusive family, no hope can be seen. Then he wakes up next to Zoro who brought some happiness to the blonde. The green haired man a hundred times better than his family. Zoro has never hurt him, never hurt him physically or emotionally. As much as Zoro has made fun of his eyebrow or his horrible nicknames he gives it back. Sanji has his own nickname for Zoro, or he makes fun of Zoro's hair. They are equal like that.

But now that he's back on the Sunny, with his crew he felt drawn to Zoro. His eyes always search for Zoro, watch Zoro. Wants to make excuses to see Zoro or go near him but talks himself out of it. When he's passing out meals or snacks he lingers around Zoro just a second too long. He doesn't know if Zoro has noticed and he doesn't want him to because it's annoying him. Sanji doesn't hate Zoro like he does his father, now disowned father, but he doesn't want these feelings. Not towards Zoro. These feelings should be directed towards the ladies.

Sanji set Nami her drink and snack down as she sunbathe, they must be getting to a summer island if it's getting this hot. Nami smiles at him, of course he return it with his own smile. "I'm glad you're here Sanji." Nami says, Sanji grins wider, but the smile doesn't last as for some reason he imagines Zoro saying that to him, which made his heart flutter but he can't believe he thought about Zoro again. Imagining Zoro doing and saying things the man never would. "Glad Luffy didn't listen to Zoro." Nami smiles down at her piece of lemon meringue pie. Sanji pauses looking at the orange haired woman as he set down Robins slice and cup.

"Why?" Sanji frowns, "what did the marimo say?" he wonder, angrily. Nami looks at him, she should have kept her mouth shut but...

"He said we should just leave you." Nami answers. Robin looks at Nami shocked. Why would she say that? It's not exactly what he said. "But Luffy wanted to ask you first so we went after you." Robin couldn't believe it, she wasn't telling him everything. He should know the whole truth, especially how angry the blonde look. Robin open her mouth to explain more, to tell the blonde all of what Zoro had said. A part of her agreed with Zoro, it was Sanji's choice to leave them. He even left a note saying not to go after him and that he would be fine. But before she could say anything the galley door opens, revealing Zoro leaving the room, must have just finished his snack with alcohol and going into the crows nest to train but really it's to rest some more before he really starts to train.  

"Marimo!" Sanji yells angrily, Robin didn't like that tone being directed to Zoro who had done nothing wrong. 

"Yeah," Zoro calls back, walking towards him with a confused expression on his face since he hasn't done anything to Sanji. 

"You asshole, you wanted to leave me? With Big Mom and Judge!" Sanji shouts getting close to Zoro, almost up in his face. The yelling catching the others attention so they all, from where they are turn to look, curious as to what the shouting is all about. 

"Yeah, so?" Zoro asks back, wondering what the big deal was. Also wondering who told him, not that it was a secret, anyone could have told him but who did? It was all in the past wasn't it? 

"You..." Sanji starts angrily, his hands shaking with anger, his legs twitching with the want to kick his face in. "I can't believe you! Wanting to leave me behind!" Sanji shouts. Zoro stared shocked, because what does he mean leave him behind? They weren't doing anything, he wanted them to leave him didn't he? 

"What the fuck are you talking about, who is the idiot now!" Zoro shouts at him. "You told us, with that note of yours, that you didn't want us to go after you didn't you? You even said you were no longer a straw hat. I was respecting your wish of wanting to leave us and not go after you! You wanted to getting married didn't you!?" Zoro yells. Sanji bit the inside of his cheek, it was all true, yes he did and now he is stuck with Zoro. 

He's stuck with Zoro. "You know what! I wanted to get married to Pudding so I wouldn't be stuck with you. I thought I could get away. That's why no one would ever love you Zoro. A brutish selfish asshole idiot!" Sanji yells from the top of his lungs. Silence filled the Sunny. No one moved, that was harsh, even for Sanji. To tell Zoro that was wrong. Nami furrowed her eyebrows. That wasn't what she wanted, she just wanted some drama from the two. Now that they all know the two can't separate, and there haven't been any developments for them she wanted something to watch. 

Those who can see Zoro's face had to give him some credit, his face didn't change for a second. His features just relaxed and that's it.  He no longer looked angry, but he also didn't look sad, or hurt.

"I know." Zoro tells the blonde, turning away to go into the crows nest. His haven. Sanji stumbles back like Zoro had just slapped him. Sanji watch as he climbed into the crows nest.

No one said anything or moved even after Sanji disappeared into the galley, presumably to cook lunch.