The Beginning

The only ones to keep their guard up is Zoro and Sanji. At one point Sanji had found him sneaking around. But didn't find anything. It sucked that everyone seems okay with him but he will protect the crew himself if he has too.

Zoro also didn't feel nice around the new guy. He always got stared at and didn't like it but chose to ignore it when Sanji decided to come up to him and be an asshole like he has been for almost two weeks now.

Zoro sat on the wood floor in the crows nest taking care of his swords, it's been a while since he's cleaned them so he decided to. He hears the hatch opening and closing but is focus so he doesn't notice.

"Zoro right?" Zoro turns his head to Salomon who walked to the couch and sat down. He gives Zoro a grin. Zoro blinks, the man is giving him a smile, and it doesn't seem to be threatening.

"Yeah." Zoro nods. Then goes back to cleaning his swords.

"Three right? What are their names?" Salomon asks. Zoro pauses and looks up at him shocked. No one, not even the others have asked what they are called. They never cared enough.

"How did you...?"

"Know? I learned how to handle a sword way back in the day but it attracted too much attention so I gave it up. So what are their names?" He gives Zoro another grin. Zoro looks down at his hand, does he even really care or is he just trying to trick him? Either way he still asked. It would be best to answer.

With a small grin on his face he looks up at Salomon. "This one is called Enma. She's new. I traded her with my other one I had. The white one is Wado Ichimonji. I got her from a friend of mine. She was like an older sister to me. Wado has been with me since the beginning, even before I meet Luffy. The deep red one is Sandai Kitetsu, I got him just before we came into the grandline." Zoro says smiling at his swords, then looks at the man to see him smirking.

"You really like your swords." He points out.

"My whole way of living revolved around fighting so... it's hard not to take care of my swords." Zoro says rubbing the back of his head nervously, this was actually nice talking to someone else. Talk to someone about his interests. No one cared because it was just swords but they always ask Nami about her maps, or Franky and Usopp with their inventions, or Sanji with what he's going to make with his new equipment. Sometimes someone asks Robin what she's reading. Or what Chopper is making.

"How long have you been training?"

"Umm, since I was born. I guess. I don't know before I knew it I was fighting with a katana in my hand. I haven't let go." Zoro answers truthfully.

"Impressive. I tried when I was ten but couldn't get further, the training was hard then when I left for the first time to travel I saw that having a sword drew in too much attention, causing unnecessary fights so I got rid of it."

"Do you fight?" Zoro finds himself asking. The man smile, Zoro is actually asking him a question which means he's interested in him, at least just a little.

"I do. Mostly hand to hand combat, just to protect myself."

"Hand to hand combat?" Zoro asks with a tilt to his head.

"You don't know what hand to hand combat is? Kick boxing? Judo? Jui-jitsu? Aikido?" He asks shocked.

"No. most of my enemies have swords. Is it good?"

"It's helpful. What do you do if you don't have your swords?" He asks. Zoro narrows his eyes.

"I always have my swords." Zoro tells him.

"If you would like I can teach you some martial arts just in case."

"Sure." Zoro nods, well if he were an enemy he wouldn't offer to teach him how to fight.