In The Dark

It was smooth sailing to Whole Cake island as Pekoms told them it's called. But they were all tired of cooking. They wanted Sanji back and they want him back yesterday. At one point they argued over who would cook next, but no one wanted to, they all wanted to do their own things. So when Luffy volunteered they all became willing to cook for everyone.

Nami of course started to plan on how to get to Sanji back. They need to get Sanji without causing to much trouble. That's one thing Zoro got right, they shouldn't cause trouble with big Mom. It wasn't that long since they fought Kaido, before the pollen incident they had barely left Wano. The fight was hard in Wano, when Zoro and Sanji got hurt they had just got their bandages off. Who knows what the fight will be like if they got on Big Mom's bad side. Nami looks at Pekoms who is doing better. Sadly Sanji got a two days head start.

Nami didn't know what should she wanted. Should she hope that they get to him before the wedding or after. What if they get there during the wedding? She looks over at the crows nest, Zoro is working out like always. He seems to not care. He will not go against the captain's orders. She wonder how Zoro is really feeling. She knew Zoro and Sanji have an unusual relationship that got even more unusual. Sure they don't get along but they are nakama. Why doesn't Zoro seem to care? Did their relationship get worse now that they are connected? Maybe they need to talk it out? Now she thought about it, if they go to Sanji would he come back? What if he likes his wife and wants to stay? What can they do about it? Will they have to find a new cook for the crew?

"When we get there, what should be happening?" Nami asks Pekoms.

"I'm not sure exactly. Things could have changed." Pekoms says. Nami frowns. Now she knows what Zoro, Usopp, and Luffy felt when she left. When Robin left she had a reason, to protect them all. Like Zoro said, Sanji had a choice, just like her. Right now she could only hope that they get there before the wedding.

Robin walked down the stairs just as Zoro landed on the deck. She pauses to watch Zoro, as he sits on the foremast. Zoro must have done a grueling workout to be looking so tired. She makes eye contact and decides to walk forward to him. When she gets to him it's silent.

"What happened?" Zoro asks, Robin shocked about the question. What shoes he mean?

"What do you want to know?" Robin asks back.

"What happened with the pollen?" Zoro wonders. Robin could only stare at him. How could he not know?

"What's the last thing you remember? What do you know?" Zoro looks at Robin then down on the floor, his bare feet on the bright green grass of the Sunny. Some strands of grass peaked out from between his toes. He wriggled his feet around. Honestly he doesn't remember much. And no one has asked him what has happened. No one has told him any thing. Guess no one's thought to tell him, to catch him up with the situation.

"I remember getting attacked by wolves, then waking up in the cave. I know the cook asked about it but no one told me what's going on." Zoro tells her with his head still down looking at the grass. "I know that the pollen did something that got the cook and I lost days and ended up having... sex," Robin grin at Zoro's ears burning red. "In that cave but I don't know anything other than that." the grin on Robin's face disappears. She can't imagine being in Zoro's shoes. To be running for your life in one second only to wake up and be in a cave, naked the next second. One second his goal is to survive with Sanji while the next he and Sanji are naked, and they've had sex. Zoro lost more days than Sanji, how is he not freaking out? Robin sits down next to Zoro.

"We learned that the pollen you and Sanji were sprayed with is used on the island for the wolves as a way to assign mates and ranks. You and Sanji were given ranks, it would seem you were given omega whole Sanji is given alpha." she watch him just sit there. He slowly turns his head to her. So she continues, "you were still injured then but we tried to undo the pollen. We kept you and Sanji away from each other so Chopper can make the potion to reverse it. It took too long though because you both escaped and ran away to the cave. Having sex connected your bodies, and now you and Sanji are tied to each other." Robin says. Zoro stare at her then turns away from her.

"There's no going back?" Zoro asks. Robin shook her head.

"Not that we could find. We went back to ask while you and Sanji got checked by Chopper. There's nothing once after you crossed the line. Chopper is still reading over the doctors notes." Robin answers.

"So Sanji and I can't be apart?" Zoro asks. Robin watch him, he doesn't seem to be mad but he doesn't look sad either. He doesn't seem any thing.

"It seems that way. Sanji says after almost a week he was finding thinking hard because the only thing he could think about was you. Then you got hurt and Sanji lost his mind. You both did, turned into your animalistic sides. Growling at everyone and sticking to each other. You and Sanji ignored everyone but each other."

"Guess it was different. For me." Zoro says softly, Robin wouldn't have heard it if she wasn't close to the swordsman.

"What do you mean?"

"After ignoring Sanji, I started to feel warm... and dizzy. I could only think about Sanji so that's the same but... my body felt heavy and wouldn't do what I want." Zoro answers.

"You should tell Chopper that." Robin tells him. Zoro nods.

"Lunch is ready." they both look up to see Nami coming towards them. Zoro nods, standing up as Nami look between them. Zoro staggers a little, Robin turning to him at the action. Nami takes a good look at him, "Are you... okay?" she wonders. Zoro's face seemed very red, now he look like he couldn't stand.

"F-fine." Zoro says but that's a lie. Just like back then he was feeling dizzy and heavy. Now it's much worse, his vision is fading slowly going black. Almost like he's about to pass out. "I'm going to... to..." Zoro tries to move forward but he feels a pressure against his whole body trying to pull him down. What was he going to say? He watches as Nami stare at him shocked as she step forward, everything around her gets darker. Until everything gets dark. Zoro knew what's happening but he doesn't know how to fight it, what's he supposed to do?

"Zoro!" Nami yells as Zoro's body collapse, landing on his side. She and Robin run to the swordsman, Nami getting there first. She shakes Zoro trying to get him to wake up. Robin reaches forward checking his temperature only to retract her hand at how hot Zoro's forehead is. He should be in bed resting. "Chopper!" Nami yells as Zoro doesn't look like he's going to wake up any time soon.

The young doctor runs out hearing his name being shouted. He is about to ask what is going on but sees Zoro's on the floor and just runs to them. "What happened?" Chopper asks checking everything.

"He just fell." Nami tells him.

"He's very warm." Robin adds. At this point the others came out the gallery to see what's going on. Chopper also feels his skin to confirm.

"How did this...?" Chopper begins to wonder but if he's honest the only person on his mind is Sanji. Worried about how aggressive the blonde might be at the moment, he didn't think about Zoro being affected. He should have though. "Did he say anything?"

"He did tell me that before the marine fight he was feeling warm and dizzy. Could this be related to that?" Robin wonder.

"It could be. There's only one way to know." Chopper says.

Nami sat there as Robin help Chopper get Zoro back into the infirmary. What's happening to this crew?