A Step Forward

It was all Zoro's fault. No matter how many times he tried he could no longer have sex with woman. He tried multiple things like blind folding himself when he found a woman to his liking. He even tried imagining the girl as Zoro but his body knew, the alpha knew. He had to go to a different bar because the ladies talked and he became known in a way he didn't want. But soon the slightly warped rumors spread to every bar that he was kicked out before he can finish a drink or turned away at the door. He couldn't believe it but he should have known it would happen to him. So he stopped to think about what this means.

He was never given the option and now he's stuck to Zoro. He can't love who he wants. Which means even if he stayed conscious, he and Pudding wouldn't go any further than a hug.

He felt frustrated.

Why him?

Because Zoro, that's why him.

He finds Zoro in the crows nest resting on the couch, looking out the window at the sea. He looks calm and content, no care in the world, like he wasn't having the same dilemma as the blonde. "Why!" Sanji shouted surprising Zoro, who jumps in his skin, not sensing the blonde coming into the room. Zoro turn to see the blonde standing there red in the face with anger.

"What?" Zoro asks confused, turning to face his whole body towards the blonde.

"Why! Why did you have to touch that damn flower! Everything that's happened is because of you!" Sanji yells. Zoro only stare stunned at Sanji for a second before his face turns sullen.

"I know. I shouldn't have been curious!" Zoro says, his own face turning red, he's also mad at his own decious. "But I saw it and thought maybe you would like it for cooking or Chopper for his medicine. I should have ignored it!" Zoro says, very sad about his own thinking. Why did he see it? Why did he get close? "But no! And now I'm stuck with you!" Zoro shouts his frustration, not noticing the tears streaming down his face.

Sanji's anger dissipates. This isn't going the way he thought. He didn't think Zoro would cry. Didn't think Zoro got that flower for him and Chopper.

"You'll be my one and only but I'm not yours. It's frustrating being stuck with you." Zoro mutters to the blonde as he wipes his eyes. Why was he even crying?

That shut Sanji up. He felt bad. He's sad that Zoro feels that way but doesn't he also feel that way? Isn't he upset that he's stuck to Zoro? He doesn't want Zoro to feel that way and he's made him feel that. Sanji leaves Zoro alone. He got what he wanted to say out of his system.

He doesn't even know if he's seen Zoro the rest of the day but it goes by. Next thing he knows it's night. He walks out of the galley, everyone is asleep, it's dark, the stars are out and Sanji is done cleaning and getting the kitchen ready for the next day.

Sanji looks down to see the light shining from the aquarium, which is weird because he's on night watch, so everyone should be asleep. He walks in to find Robin and Franky happily talking with each other as they sat extremely close to each other. "You are both still awake?" Sanji asks surprising them both. Robin gives him a smile.

"It's our date night." Robin tells him.

"Date..." Sanji looks between them both. He's stunned into silence. Wow, he didn't know, how could he? "Sorry for disturbing you." Sanji says turning around to leave but is stopped.

"It's okay bro," Franky says with a smile of his own, "our date is coming to an end since it's getting late." Robin nods confirming the truth.

Sanji looks at them guilty but hurt. He looks away not knowing if he should tell them but he doesn't know what to do now, he needs help. Maybe some reassurance. "I made Zoro cry." Sanji says rubbing the back of his neck nervously.

"You did what?" Robin asks angrily sitting up, shocking both Sanji and Franky. Sanji looks at Franky who only watch Robin and her sudden change in emotion. "What did you say to him?" she asks still mad, now wanting an answer from the blonde.

"I got mad at him, for touching the flower, so I shouted at him for touching it. I blamed him." Sanji looks away in shame. From what she doesn't know, it doesn't lesson her anger.

"And you made him cry? What'd he say?" she crosses her arms.

"He also blames himself, mad he's stuck to me." Sanji explains placing a hand on his chest clenching his blazer at the pain in his heart remembering what Zoro said to him. Robin huffs satisfied with the pain Sanji is in.

"You are very shallow." Robin tells him, eyes narrow as she stare at him.

"What?" Sanji asks shocked.

"Only thinking about yourself you didn't think about how this affected Zoro. Did you know he had no idea what was going on until after you left?" Robin tells the blonde, shocking him and Franky. "After being woken up from his injuries, after being attacked by the wolves you and Zoro went into your animal like state, keeping everyone away. When he woke up from that we never properly explained it to him. It wasn't until you left and we went searching for you that he asked. Also, how can you be mad at Zoro for respecting your wish? You told us in the note that you didn't want us to go after you, all Zoro said is that we should let you go, let you do what you wanted, which was to get married. It was your choice and I agree with what Zoro had said. He also didn't argue with Luffy when he said we will go to you. You went to far with what you said to Zoro and should apologize to him." Robin ranted. Sanji look at his feet in shame.

He did go far. He shouldn't have been so angry with Zoro about telling Luffy to leave him. He just felt hurt after all those times he felt glad to be with Zoro, to be back with the crew. Sanji was also starting to think it wasn't so bad to be stuck with Zoro. There are worse people to be stuck to.

Oh, he was jealous of Salomon, wasn't he?

Because he what?

He likes Zoro? Is that it? I can't be.

Whatever it is he should at least apologize to Zoro. He never did that, then he started yelling at him, blaming him for things, twice. If he wants to have a better relationship with Zoro, even just as friends he'll need to apologize.