2 Everybody Loves a Clown: Part 2

Dean slapped a brown folder down on the bar in front of Sam, Ash, and I. Jo stood behind the bar and poured us each a glass of water.

"You've gotta be kidding me. This guy's no genius. He's a Lynyrd Skynyrd roadie," Dean said.

"I like you," Ash said with a straight face.

Dean smirked. "Thanks."

"Just give him a chance," Jo told Dean.

Dean sat in between Ash and me and opened the folder. "All right. This stuffs about a year's worth of our dad's work, so uh, let's see what you make of it."

Ash pulled out the papers, rifled through them, and started shaking his head. "Come on. This crap ain't real. There ain't nobody can track a demon like this."

"Our dad could," Sam said.

"There are non-parametrics, statistical overviews, prospects, and correlations, I mean... damn! They're signs. Omens. Uh, if you can track 'em, you can track this demon. Ya know, like crop failures, electrical storms..." Ash looked up at Dean. "You ever been struck by lightning?" he asked. "It ain't fun."

"Can you track it or not?" Sam asked.

"Yeah, with this, I think so. But it's gonna take time, uh, give me..." Ash thought for a second. "Fifty-one hours." He got up and started walking to the back.

"Hey, man?" Dean asked.

Ash turned around. "Yeah."

"I, uh, I dig the haircut," Dean said.

Ash pointed to his hair. "All business up front." Then brushed his hand down his hair. "Party in the back." Then he whipped his hair and left the room.

"Hey, Ellen, what is that?" Sam pointed to something by the bar.

Dean got up and walked over to a table that Jo was sitting at.

"It's a police scanner," Ellen said, "We keep tabs on things, we..."

My body was aching from the long day we already had, and I had forgotten to grab my pain relievers, so I really just needed to put my leg up. I had spotted a couch in the corner earlier, so I grabbed my crutch and made my way over to it. I kicked up my feet, put my head back, and closed my eyes.

"Hey, Dimples. What happened there?" someone asked.

I opened my eyes to see Nathan sitting in a chair opposite me. "What did you call me?"

Nathan smirked. "Dimples."

I rolled my eyes. "The name's Maddison."

"Nah, I like Dimples better," Nathan said.

"Whatever." I scoffed and closed my eyes again.

"What happened to you?" Nathan asked again.

"There was an accident." I smirked. "Didn't stop me from kicking your ass, though, Nathan."

Nathan laughed. "I let you win... and uh, you can call me Nate."

I opened my eyes and snapped my head to look at him. "Let me win? Is that why you were crying? And uh... no, I like Nathan better."

"I was not crying!" Nate yelled.

I shrugged. "Might as well have been."

"Whatever," Nate said and stormed away.

I shrugged and went back to relaxing.

"Maddison, you ready?" Sam asked as he and Dean walked over to me.